Photos for magazine

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
He hasnt responded to my last email yet. I hinted around to who's pics he's going to use, but I havent received a reply yet.
If he actually says something about who, then I'll be sure to post something.
The one thing i'd REALLY like to know is which issue our clubs pics will be in.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
GOT A REPLY!!!
Did anyone else just get this reply???

"Sean,
It’s Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power Magazine again. Thank you for the photos. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the October issue, as will many other members on oilburners.net. I will try to stay in touch with you and on the forums whenever possible, as we usually have more things to do than time permits here at the magazine. Again, I thank you for your time and effort.
And please feel free to chime in on our website, I recently posted a blog on what should be considered a classic diesel.

Mike McGlothlin, Diesel Power Magazine
[email protected]"

Looks like many members here made it, including myself!!!!! Congrats to all who made it into the production of the magazine! I cant wait to see who all made it!

Last edited:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Not at all! Sorry if I'm sounding like sour grapes...didn't mean it that way. I wasn't expecting anything; just figured it couldn't hurt to try. I was just making an observation, and responding to others who are wondering why they haven't gotten a reply E-mail...I admit that I'm guessing, but I would be rather surprised if I was incorrect.

There are many people who are more deserving... :)

Notice I said "too". I haven't gotten a response either. You really need to drive to the IDI weekend so we can meet and then you'll understand my rapier like wit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice he didn't necessarily say October of THIS YEAR. LOL Last time I got pictures in a magazine (Model Railroader, March 1993 page 111) it took them 3 YEARS to use what I sent them. It was very gracious of him to solicit pictures here at all. Most times, magazines just print requests like that and figure pics will come from their readership, or by word of mouth. It's great that any of us have heard back at all.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, he seems like a really nice guy. Even talking about stopping by the forum from time to time.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, like I've said before, you guys keep sending him the pics, I prefer to see the ones of Sam...and her truck! :) Did I mention it's good to be single!!! :) It does sound cool that someone is taking an interest. I hope all of you make it in there! I don't think I've ever seen the magazine, but might buy one just to support this guys efforts and make that months sales go up! :)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Whoa boy, yer old nuff to be her father.

Yep, I am. And as I said before, I would much rather look a pretty girl than any Ford truck! Don't see many my age posting pics here though...I think maybe your thinking needs to come out of the gutter! :)

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice I said "too". I haven't gotten a response either. You really need to drive to the IDI weekend so we can meet and then you'll understand my rapier like wit.
No worries :cool I've been told that I have the same problem with being misunderstood...I'll say something meant in humor that someone else will take seriously. The fact that I have a sarcastic/smart-aleck personality does NOT help things :D (and, that's one of the reasons I wanted to clarify my original post)

Someday when $$ allows, I want to make the trip east...

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Still no reply here....... oh well..... maybe ill try to send stuff in to readers rides in the other diesel mag............ i had planned on it just when i get all my stuff worked out with it and all oh well...............

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey Sam, what makes you think you didnt get in? Just because he didnt reply to you??? He told me he's going to have many pics from our club in the article. So who says yours wont be one of them!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a thanks to all those who complimented my truck. But there's a reason I only have pics of the one side, lol. The rear, and passenger side are the ones that took the "farm truck beating" lol. Plus to top it off, I didnt have the thing 3 days, was in a walmart parking lot and this mexican lady ran her jeep into the passenger rear corner of the box, and buckled it. Broke the tail light out of it and everything. I saw it happen and was running up to her yelling and she just calmly drove off! Like, lets just hit the old truck, its just a POS so who cares. PEOPLE THESE DAYS!

Those pics hide ALLOT of sins. I knew what I was doing when I had the pics taken at those angles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online