parts

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was wondering if there is a place to get an intake for our truck i see it in some peoples sigs that are runing na. the other question are there metal head gaskets for are trucks or are they stock metal and why dosnt ard have studs lol i arp every time i do a head gasket. last question who has dealt with citydiesel.net

Last edited:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for an aftermarket performance intake then forget it. Those are strictly custom made. Best performance mod for an idi is a turbo.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the aftermarket doesn't care about IDIs and if you want your own intake you have to make your own. A possible exception is the hypermax cowl induction. It was designed for their turbo app, but would fit a NA motor with the Ford intake and act as a cold air intake. That plus cutting out the soup bowl if it still exists and getting a free flowing muffler of 3" or greater that would help you get more air in and out but if you want performance Devilish is right you need a turbo and turn up the fuel.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting about the Dodge Ram intake that bolts right up?

Can't remember the exact details. But some searching will bring it up

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
ARP does make a stud for the 7.3 motor. It wasn't specifficlly built for our motor but it works great. Several of us here are running them. The stud is not on there list but the part number is AR7.000-lb. The nut is ARN12-1 and te washer is ARW78N. My invoice number on this order is 048744-N and the order number was 0489269 on 1/25/08. Don't let some phone taking order person tell you they don't have any for the 7.3 motor.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't say I've heard of it before. Check the hall of shame to make sure they are not listed there. The "ghost tube" is the NA air filter kit that is a near bolt on. Do a search. All you have to do is drill the bolt hole out a little bit to make it work.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dodge ram intake is for the 94 range Ram with the 5.9L V8. Looks like a good fit, and i have almost bought one, but the price was never right.

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k thanks guys im just on a quest for some torque thats hidden due to restrictions. i want to go turbo but that will have to wait a bit. thanks for the help guys.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
go to the home depot/lowes buy some dryer vent 4" and run it down next to the drivers headlight and cut away a hole so it can get alot of fresh air from the grill. cost less then 10 and works great.