Parting out my baby

chris

Reaction score
well as luck would have it my pickup was totalled on friday the 13th. Got hit by a 16 year old idiot that stole a car and had just got out of jail. Did alot of undercarriage damage to my girl. I'll probably end up parting it out since the engine is fine and the rest of the truck is still in fine working order. Any feedback would be appreciated. The 12 valve has 240000 on it and has been well taken care of. Any idea what it might be worth?

rubberfish

Reaction score
What year of 12V ?
I may be interested in some of the bolt on's.

p.s. Sorry to hear what happened

Whit

Reaction score
rubberfish said:
What year of 12V ?
I may be interested in some of the bolt on's.

p.s. Sorry to hear what happened

95 auto if I remember correctly.

Chris, damn the bad luck -cuss , give us some details on yer truck and we may be able to help you out, need some pics too

chris

Reaction score
Whitmore said:
95 auto if I remember correctly.

Chris, damn the bad luck -cuss , give us some details on yer truck and we may be able to help you out, need some pics too
Well i'm not set up to send pictures on my computer, I'll check around with other folks i know that might be able to on thiers. I only have liability on my pickup so i think parting it out is my only option since i have to replace it. Ended up getting a 98 chev 1/2 ton extended cab 350 with 5spd. We just had our first baby and we needed an extra cab. Had to have a truck for work,so i didn't have time to look for another 12valve. I already miss that truck, it treated me well.

The damage starts on the front left side, mainly he side swiped me hitting the tire first fairly direct causing it to blow and bent the rim. the impact tweaked the front tires way to the left ,wrecked all the linkage, tie rods etc. . The whole front axle was shoved back bending the stabilizer arms on the left prety bad. I don't know yet if the transfer case is shot but it prolly is , the whole left side of the truck is scraped and dented pretty good, the door still opens and closes without difficulty. So there you have it. Mostly front end undercarriage stuff. From what i've seen i think the dana 60 front is still salvageable/ no damage to the engine. The truck is a 95 base model, no cruise or anything fancy, the interior is still in great shape and the bench seat still looks new. The tranny is a 47rh and the rear end is an open dana 70.
Been a super truck, the only thing i didn't care for was the tranny.

Just guessing i'd say the engine is worth around 3000. I've changed the oil every 3-4000 and fuel filter every 12000. Even after 3000 the engine oil still looks clean which seems odd because most diesels i've seen the oil is black right away.

Diesel_Weasel

Reaction score
Hey Chris... I am very interested in your motor, and a few other parts for my 86 f-350 conversion. Please gimme a number to call via [email protected] or gimme a call any time at 559-676-1992 Thanks

Jason Lister

TORQUIN

Reaction score
What color is the truck? I'm looking for green body parts for a 96.

Thanks,
Chris