parking lights, instrument lights, speedo and radio out!

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Mexico right now, on the drive down I was experiencing a flickering of all my lights. Replaced the headlight switch and now I only have headlights.

My instrument lights are out, running lights are out, speedo is not working, nor my radio.

Any reccomendations on where to start. Checked all fused and they are good.

Thanks!

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went through fuses again, the number 4, upper left was blown, put a new one in and it blew. Pulled the new headlight switch, put in old switch, and fuse blew.

So I am assuming there is a short but not sure what colors to search for and follow.

Thanks!

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug was in perfect condition. Looks like the fuse wire is the brown with white tracer on it. I can put the fuse in and as soon as I pull the headlight switch it will pop.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Then i guess u can get used to driving in the dark lol. just kidding. at least u have a starting point. I hate electrical gremlins.

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Found the problem! The two wires that go into the plug off the main wiring loom on the back of the truck to the license plate lights were pulled out and touching each other and causing the short! Damn dirt roads down here just beat the hell out of the truck!