parking brake issues finally resolved

93IDIT

Reaction score
As the title states, I've finally resolved the issues that I have been having with my brakes. The driver's side rear was dragging horribly. The heat caused the axle seal to fail so I put in a new one. I rebuilt the rear brakes with new shoes, springs, and hardware at the same time. I tried removing and lubing the cable but it kept dragging intermittently.

Anyways, the resolution was found from TSB 96-24-12 . Apparently, the factory routing takes too sharp a bend and causes the cable to bind. Instead of using a "windlace" as the TSB says I just cut a four inch long piece of fuel hose to prevent chaffing.

Hopefully this info will help anyone else who is facing this issue. BTW, BBB industries has free access to TSBs at http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html

Now I can start worrying about how to fix the shower heads in the front and rear tanks cookoo

93IDIT

Reaction score
I might have two tanks, but right now only one is usable. I had the service attendant try to put fuel in the back tank last month and it just clicked off even with the tank empty. I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe I have a collapsed filler hose. The front tank runs out just above empty. So many problems and so little time. LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good info on the TSB...I noticed my cable is routed really weird and was thinking it would be much better if I rerouted it. This confirms that, thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online