parallel turbos

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a new bit off the piece off the turbo...

You must be registered for see images

So the drive side down pipe is mocked up...

Same for the snake I came up with as one for the passenger side...

Both sides have a disconnect pont down at this point...

So this rapes up all that is need for exhaust, it just needs to stick.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a good deal on muffler extensions? Typically an 8' stick of pipe is less then half of one extension and any muffler shop can swage the end for you.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a good deal on muffler extensions? Typically an 8' stick of pipe is less then half of one extension and any muffler shop can swage the end for you.

No there was no good deal, dont now anyone working at a muffler shop anymore. Im not sure who could be viable, a lot around are not good with the tools they have. Im right now trying to figure out who is do welding, choice is a blind man or someone only good at stick but only has mig.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there was no good deal, dont now anyone working at a muffler shop anymore. Im not sure who could be viable, a lot around are not good with the tools they have. Im right now trying to figure out who is do welding, choice is a blind man or someone only good at stick but only has mig.
Just get you a Northern tool flux welder and go for it. One day I'll get a better Lincoln with a potentiometer for the "heat" instead of a dumb switch that says 1 or 2, but HEY, I can make a mower deck decent and I did the pipes on my tow truck. I won't win an award but I got an "E" for effort!

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will pretend I can wrap my head around that.

For me, mig was the easiest process to learn, then tig, then stick, then all the other processes that I do with fancy equipment.

He trys to brute force it, the out come is a bubbly mess on the outside with mig and with stick there is a molten mess that might work.

Just get you a Northern tool flux welder and go for it. One day I'll get a better Lincoln with a potentiometer for the "heat" instead of a dumb switch that says 1 or 2, but HEY, I can make a mower deck decent and I did the pipes on my tow truck. I won't win an award but I got an "E" for effort!

It takes me a bit to adjust to change in light, my line ends up off the line and would ranther not have to wait to see whats around me.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, mig was the easiest process to learn, then tig, then stick
I'll have to agree with that, although I've had my tig machine for about 30 years. You'd think I'd be better at it by now, (I'm certain you'd wince at the sight of some of my welds) it seems I like to take my tungsten for a swim more often than not. :bail

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a bunch of clamps on the snake to hold it in place...

I got a leadd on someone to try, so all got ready to go on a ride and will see what I get.

This what I came up with for this and went to get welded as well.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all exhaust pieces, none would be galvanized, or I'd have been dead years ago.

Most is aluminized, which is why it can be welded. I use .030 er70 wire with it. I really want to try .023 the next spool, as I've been told by exhaust guys it make a big difference in blow through.

I dabble in tig welding 304 stainless exhaust as well. My welder is a multi-process unit, which is great to have all the capabilities, but it does none of them as well as a dedicated unit. As such it is lift tig, and while it's not impossible to weld with lift tig, I've yet to master starting the arc without contaminating my tungsten to some extent.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As such it is lift tig, and while it's not impossible to weld with lift tig, I've yet to master starting the arc without contaminating my tungsten to some extent.
I have my ancient synchrowave 250 with the foot pedal control. Since I'm more of a hobbyist out of my shop and not a business, my poor technique is mostly offensive to me and not some paying customer. I improve at a snails pace. :dunno

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tig welding definitely takes a lot more practice in my opinion that stick or mig. Thing that took me the longest was getting proficient with feeding the rod with my non dominant hand.

I was at one point certified in all three processes on 6g mild steel and stainless, also stick and tig on chrome, plus welding dissimilar metals with stick and tig.

It has probably been 20 years since I have used tig machine, would definitely take me some practice to pick it back up. Have done very little stainless in that time either. Haven't touched an exotic metal since class.

James