Painting door panels?

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have factory blue interior, my dash looks like it was put in new right before I bought it and it looks awesome but my doors are now an aqua/turquoise blue and I dont like it at all lol. Anyone repainted these before and any suggestions as to what paint/dye to use? Thanks!

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a paint shop for the paint or dye.
Make sure you get the special cleaner / solvent so it will stick properly, and don't put it on to thick and it will look good.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted the blue door panels for my F350 and they turned out great and looked like new. I bought some XLT panels out of Bronco and cleaned and painted them with the special paint and installed them in the F350. It has been a couple of years now and they still look great. You need to get the panels super clean and then use an "adhesion promoter" and follow the directions. Then multiple lighter coats of the paint. Be careful to follow the paint instructions regarding "flash time" between coats. I used SEM brand cleaner, adhesion promoter and paint.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had very good luck using the Rust-O-Leum paint that is sold at Home Depot and is compatible with plastics. Just wipe the door panel down with paint thinner first, and then shoot. It adheres very well.

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
I used SEM plastic/vinyl cleaner and adhesion promoter in the prep stage. For the paint on my 85 interior plastic I used Color Bond #75 Ford Crystal Blue. It was a very close match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat