P u M p P 0 r N

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Ha, I could probably put that together a case under with my eyes closed :rotflmao

Really cool. That's a side of pumps most of us are not used to seeing ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
NIIIICE!!!!

Looks to be a little neater and in order from skeeter feeding pump teardown night at the rally.;Sweet

And that's why I'll stay away from repairing the guts on em.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pix. Can you imagine the engineering that went into designing and then manufacturing it. American ingenuity. To me that's the most complicated part of a diesel engine, along with the injectors.
There was a post awhile back of one of the members that wanted to rebuild one, hope he see's this.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pix. Can you imagine the engineering that went into designing and then manufacturing it. American ingenuity. To me that's the most complicated part of a diesel engine, along with the injectors.
There was a post awhile back of one of the members that wanted to rebuild one, hope he see's this.

Not even the manufacturing and engineering is whats special IMO. ITs the fact that they designed and engineered and manufactured that in the 80's.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome, like others I too have wanted to see all the parts that go into the injection pumps on our trucks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably designed with pencil and paper, a T-square, protractor, triangle and an eraser. ;Really With tolerances to the 4th decimal place. Isometric and orthagraphic views. Yea... I took drafting before computers. I'm old. LOL

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
dont forget the eraser shields...lettering templates (depending on the engineer) that late in the game may have been ink and mylar...and possibly a slide rule

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably designed with pencil and paper, a T-square, protractor, triangle and an eraser. ;Really With tolerances to the 4th decimal place. Isometric and orthagraphic views. Yea... I took drafting before computers. I'm old. LOL

I have an inquisitive mind. JUST HOW DO THEY DO THAT. My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS (80?). I'm Older than you. :D My favorite TV show "How they make it"

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NIIIICE!!!!

Looks to be a little neater and in order from skeeter feeding pump teardown night at the rally.;Sweet

Yup, we should have rubbed some of the diesel that had spilled from the IP on our skin to keep them at bay. They almost carried me off............. dang mosquito's!

With a manual, the proper equipment and after doing 50 or so, I bet is would be a bit easier. But, I ain't trying it in my garage.:D

Heath

Last edited: