Overhead console and sway bar projects.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's cool. Looks nice and the wiring seems simple enough. The explorer console looks good! I grabbed a console from a 95ish jeep grand cherokee. I couldn't ever get the compass working though. Looks Like i should try the ford explorer console.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think ill try somin like this with room for a cb its junkyard time

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome, now lets find some cupholders that will fit the dash slope and look decent.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Looks good man!
Think its possible to do it without pulling the headliner?

Not without having any visible mounting things like brackets and screws. It wasn't necessary to pull the whole liner out of the truck, but it shur makes it easier to get things right the first time. You could just drop it down, but you still have to take all the upper trim pieces off.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Nice! Does it line up with the roof angle properly? Will stuff stay in it over bumps? If so then I totally want one. There's a conversion F-350 in the pull-a-part and I considered putting in the wood console thing, but I like the way yours looks better.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 80-86 headliner is not quite the same profile as the newer trucks. It has a sharp angle in it right where the console sits vs. the newer headliners having a radius. I made an Exploder console fit in mine, but I had to make my own mounting brackets, saw 2- 1" holes in the cab right behind the windshield, and use some Trim Lock around the edged to hide the gaps. On the newer trucks, it should be pretty easy.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
There's a pic of how it fits with the trim. I kind of messed up when I was trimming it down to fit and kind of took to much off, but it doesn't bother me.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably worsened the fit on mine by re-wrapping the headliner and not using any foam on it, just ultra leather glued directly to the cardboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online