Other problems

cewofford

7.3 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
Thank you for all your help in dealing with my glow plugs and thermostat. Next few problems I need to work through are to fix my fuel selector valve which i have a pretty good understanding of. Since I purchased my truck 3 months ago I have been steadily battling power window problems. Driver window has always worked fine. Passenger window works for a little while then stops. I removed the window motor and unplug it then put it back in and it works. Back passenger rolls down but wont roll up without help. Sounds like its slipping but i cant see how unless it needs a new regulator? That sound possible? Back driver window never worked. I replaced the motor with a brand new one and it worked two days and now it doesn't. My driver window switch cover is broken. I think part of the problem may be coming from there. Does anyone have that part for a crew cab four power windows with lock, power locks, and power mirrors. LMC doesn't carry it and ford discontinued it. No luck so far at the Wrecking yard.

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
But maybe yours are different because of the new body style. That parts works til '91 for sure. If you search napaonline for "window" for your year there are other gears and such.

cewofford

7.3 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
the rear power window motors are different than the front. It has a different gear. not sure when they went from rear manual to rear power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online