O'ring kits online?

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the O'ring kits for a 85 6.9 oil cooler? I need to rebuild mine and cant seem to find a supplier online anywhere.:dunno I also need to buy a set of glow plugs and a fuel injector return line repair kit, I would prefer to buy them from all the same vendor. Thanks

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You can get the glow plugs (only zd-9 beru) from autozone or ebay if You don't have one around, the price should be $8 each or more depending where You shop. The return line kits can be had from ebay too or napa if You want local, can't tell where You are. There are many other places to get this parts online, someone should chime in soon.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a NAPA and a Advance auto in town but I was wanting to order everything offline if possable. I have found everything but the Orings for the oil cooler. anyhelp with that would be greatly appreciated.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
there is a NAPA and a Advance auto in town but I was wanting to order everything offline if possable. I have found everything but the Orings for the oil cooler. anyhelp with that would be greatly appreciated.

Check the tech articles on this forum, there should be a part # for them so You can rebuild them with the right ones.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked and did not see anthing on the subject. Maybee I am overlooking it or something. I know that I have seen it about someone with a kit for sale but I remember who it was. Anyone know?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a 4 ring cooler. You should, but be advised if you have the 83/84 6 ring cooler, your out of O-ring luck, and will need a newer cooler.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I think the orings are ford only.
napa has the return line kit, although they are a little pricey.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of them 1 come original in the 85 and 1 is from a older truck. I will check with my locol dealer for prices then. I will just order everything else off the internet. Thanks anyway ;Sweet

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I tried to get some orings from Ford for my fuel bowl drain ('97 PSD) but they wouldn't sell them individually :mad: . Get the oring size and order from McMaster-Carr. They have EVERYTHING in Viton too!

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I was about to say what the previous poster did. Thats hwat i do when i need an oring for naything

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I am a QA inspector at a railcar repair facility and we deal with McMaster Carr for most of our O rings and so. Viton is a tuff ***** you would be suprised at the stuff they use it for, Teflon is the only other material tuffer that I am away off. As far as the oil cooler I contated a local dealer and got them for 53.00 plus tax. sounds high for 4 O rings and 2 gaskets.