OREGON Job loss must sell :( whats a good price?

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost my job and must keep a roof over my head for now so the truck must go :( I know this isn't a for sale forum but thought I would ask some questions. Here's a link to the craigslist add.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1625704015.html
What do you think? Is my price too high, too low? Would you word it differently? Thanks

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable price to me. I paid 3000 for my 86 2 years ago with 79K original on it, but no PW/PL. 3900 for a 7 year newer truck with that much new stuff is a great price!

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so hold the price steady then? Craigslist can be tough. If the price is what you want for it people always want to offer less, if the price is higher nobody seams to call. I am willing to go down to $3500 but would prefer to stop at $3600, so I hope the $3900 price tag brings calls and there is still some wiggle room to negotiate and have them buy it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$3900 is not a bad price if it's 4WD. imho if it's a choice of losing your place vs. holding out for top $$$, you're better off dropping the price.

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well rent is paid this month but next month and i have other bills to make too. ITs a 2wd truck, what would you think is a good price towcat?

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Well, I know blue book isn't perfect, but private party good condition puts it a hair under 3700, and with that much new stuff, I'd say (at least for a diesel in particular) you're right in the ball park, man!

DragRag

Reaction score
Selling has been tough the last two weeks. Good luck, I think being 2 wheel you might be a hair high. That being said, I would not ask less then 3500 for it, and I sell a few to say the least.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thats a good looking pickup you have there. I hope you can find the right buyer. Might want to take the job loss part off, some people might think you are desperate and low ball you?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I know blue book isn't perfect, but private party good condition puts it a hair under 3700, and with that much new stuff, I'd say (at least for a diesel in particular) you're right in the ball park, man!
considering motivated sellers have been pricing out 95-97 powderchokes at 2500-3500...a IDI in that range is going to be a tough sell. I am going to come off as the bad guy for suggesting a low number, but I move plenty of iron that I don't talk about on this board. If rent is looming at the end of the month, then post it at 3500. near the end of the month drop it to 3k and bottom at 2500. I have the best timing around the 15th of the month. I have a few two to three paycheck trucks in my posession. that means two to three paychecks in my area can buy one. anything higher than 2500 is a tough sell these days.
irregardless, good luck. only you know your money situation.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
up here in my neck of the woods.....

2wd puts you about 1k high, it'd sell at "$2800(firm)" for a price, 4wd would put you in the price you have for a truck as clean as yours

of course, all you'd have to say for your ad up here as far as mileage is "198xxx, 16-18mpg"

I'd also remove the part about losing your job, as well as the PO having rebuilt the trans, just say it was rebuilt and has approx whatever miles on it

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
looks much better, but here's how I'd do it:

1993 Ford F250 extended cab XLT, 7.3 liter turbo diesel, 2wd, cruise control, sliding rear window, power locks, power windows, AC, and extendable mirrors for towing.
Reliable, great all around truck!
The turbo was replaced about 2,000 miles ago. Two new heavy duty batteries and heavy duty battery cable connectors. New starter, all new Ford glow plugs and new glow plug controller. New 200 amp heavy duty alternator, stock is 160 amp. New serpentine belt, idler pulleys, power steering gear, inner and outer tie rods, and driver side upper and lower ball joints.
Professional alignment performed by LesSchwab.
The truck has dual fuel tanks, dual fuel filters with a built in fuel heater, fuel line heaters and a front tank heater, all great for running any type of fuel in any type of weather!
The seats were recently replaced with 2000 Ford Expedition style seats and center console, very comfortable!!
No starting problems, even in the cold after sitting for several days, runs great, and has no known problems.
All fluids have been flushed and the tires are in great shape.
Transmission has been rebuilt and shop installed a heavy duty transmission cooler during the rebuild. Heavy duty hitch and trailer break controller.

Not interested in trades or payments. More pictures available through email. I have receipts for most parts. 16-18mpg 198xxx miles. New front brake pads and brake hoses. Vehicle is emissions exempt and just got new tags and plates a few months ago. Canopy has new back window gas lifts and has a working key.
Everything works and its in good shape! Call Erik at 503.995.7668 for more info. Asking $3900, 3850 without canopy.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
the way you have it right now, it all kinda runs together, I actually lost my place a couple times!

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it ran together for me too but I wasn't sure how to fix it. I will use your example for my 4:30 posting tomorrow.