Orange Screen Warning

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yesterday I got an orange screen warning my this site ahead skyware and malware that can take my passwords and corrupt my files. I could not get online thru this orannge screen so I went to the internet.Same thing appeared but I saw at the bottom offering me access even though I could be infected...Is there something going on I know nothing about???

kodiak98400

Reaction score
I got the same screen on mine too, but I just installed a new malware program on my laptop and figured that was why.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got it too. When I clicked on allow anyway, it wanted me to leave a comment. I left one that basically said that this site doesn't give problems. In a maybe related instance, over the weekend, I had a pop up come on my screen claiming to be from Microsoft and it said that my computer was at risk and my information could be stolen. I was supposed to follow the on screen instructions and they would walk me through it. If I didn't then my computer would be shut down. I couldn't get the mouse to do anything so I shut off my router and then shut my computer off manually. I waited for an hour or so and tried my computer. Guess what? Everything works fine. Apparently some of these hackers are getting really creative. The first clue that this wasn't really from Microsoft was that the screen wanted my user name and password for Microsoft.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I just now clicked 'allow anyway', but had the warning screen since yesterday............microsoft?!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going on 3 days now... Seems shaggy/towcat is / are aware .

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back oilburners wasn't even a site on my end, brought me to one of those generic pages that had the name and just a bunch of ads, couldn't get on all day but I was receiving emails from posts which said something was up. My guess is someone is trying to attack and knock obn off the net... or one of there ads services is running sketchy stuff which is screwing some users over.

Just fyi if something says "click here to continue" DONT click it, that's almost guaranteed a trap or scam.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm getting the same warning, and it's not Microsoft related. I'm getting the warning on both FireFox and Chrome, running Ubuntu 16.04.

jdb

Reaction score
Running Firefox. Was getting the warning for the last 3 days or so. Gone as of this morning :D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it too. When I clicked on allow anyway, it wanted me to leave a comment. I left one that basically said that this site doesn't give problems. In a maybe related instance, over the weekend, I had a pop up come on my screen claiming to be from Microsoft and it said that my computer was at risk and my information could be stolen. I was supposed to follow the on screen instructions and they would walk me through it. If I didn't then my computer would be shut down. I couldn't get the mouse to do anything so I shut off my router and then shut my computer off manually. I waited for an hour or so and tried my computer. Guess what? Everything works fine. Apparently some of these hackers are getting really creative. The first clue that this wasn't really from Microsoft was that the screen wanted my user name and password for Microsoft.

A few weeks back oilburners wasn't even a site on my end, brought me to one of those generic pages that had the name and just a bunch of ads, couldn't get on all day but I was receiving emails from posts which said something was up. My guess is someone is trying to attack and knock obn off the net... or one of there ads services is running sketchy stuff which is screwing some users over.

Just fyi if something says "click here to continue" DONT click it, that's almost guaranteed a trap or scam.

those issues are unrelated to the bright orange screen you guys saw,trying to come to this site.perfectly fine,computers should see that.it was an issue with the site,not your pc's.

your pc's are both infected with browser hijacks/malware.
try downloading some free software that's made to clean that junk.here's a good one iv often used;
click on the "FREE" one.i can't remember if the installer asks to install additional things with it or not,if so,just decline the offers.

install it.
open start center.
check for updates.
apply update.
exit your web browser,then immunize.
apply immunize.
full scan.
after the scan; fix all.uncheck anything in the list that you know 100% isn't malware if you need.otherwise have it remove all the nasty.:D

https://www.safer-networking.org/

and do this about once a month.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today at 757 am I do not see the orange screen. Thanks for the information on the free cleanup site too. Will probably look into this later today...