One decent truck out of two.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You aren't just talking to yourself. Personally I like the answers I get better when I am talking to myself.
:D

Seriously though, I use this forum not just for advice and conversation but it's a good motivational tool to get work done so I can post updates. It may be silly, but it helps keep me going. I've also went back through my old posts to try to figure out why I did something the way I did because days/weeks later I just forget. So yeah my posts get a little ramble to them with more than just the facts but it's another tool in the arsenal.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Truck is no longer 2wd.
Anyone going to do a swap like this: unload the suspension and drop the left side swing arm. I fought to get the carrier out and fought again for two hours to get it back in until I finally dropped that arm, then it was easy.
You must be registered for see images

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Stole calipers off of black truck and popped pistons out. Went to hone them and found out my tool is too small (may not be the first time I've heard that :( ).
Other than that didn't do anything to it today. Need to order some parts.

Phenolic vs metal.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Wasn't a fun night

And I dint think I've posted this

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
New starter solenoid to gp solenoid wire since the old one tried to kill my truck. Don't really like how it turned out but it'll work. 1ga welding wire.

Ordered tires today. 650 :(.

Still haven't figured out the mystery of my glowplug light constantly being on. If anyone wants to help me with that I'll post more info.

Think I'm going to put a coolant filter where the Jack used to be, in the heater core loop.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
if i were you, id do the manual glow plug switch!
since youre already up fecies creek and no paddle!
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?36169-How-To-Manual-Glow-Plug-Switch

Already been done and gpc deleted. I got rid of the factory harness and ran my own wires to the plugs, ip, etc.

The wire that is supposed to turn on the light isn't even hooked up. (You can see it hiding in the bottom left)

When I changed the glowplug wire last night I checked to see what one makes the wts light come on. It is the same one that seems to power everything in the cab (brake warning, ignition switch, radio, etc). The fusible link in the pic.

Last edited:

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
After a year of fighting I finally have good brakes. Gutted prop valve and changed master cylinder. Still didn't do front calipers or pads.
And gave it a donation.

Last edited:

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I missed it. Where did your rear disc brake axle come from? Before mounting coolant filter on the fender check the clearance of the hinge in the closed position.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
That is the 10.25 out of the black truck, I did the disk swap on it last winter with Ruffstuff brackets.
Two words...
Charlie Foxtrot.
You must be registered for see images attach

I think I will actually put the filter behind the hinge where the two bolts are, just like the fuel filter I put on.
That project is for later though. I dont even have the heater core hooked up right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online