On "Trucks" today

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you need to "play" with your first few batches, and experiment with Titration is in this picture. The only thing missing is the alcohol for titration. Yes this is my "play" setup at home. Cant wait to get out of new orleans so I can REALLY play with it!!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

girl mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a view of the gear I use for small batches, a bit cheaper than Ford Forgotton's:

The majority of this gear is for the titration- the test of the used oil which tells you how much lye to use- and for making a 1-liter batch of biodiesel. The 'reactor' is the juice bottle on the left, the measuring devices are the kitchen measure and the '**** syringes', the 'methoxide reactor'/methanol measuring glassware is the Mason jar with the white tape on it (for knowing how far is 200ml methanol), the 'phenol red' from the hardware store or the pool and hot tub store replaces the pH meters in Darryl's photos, yellow bottle HEET= methanol and red bottle HEET = isopropyl alcohol for titration.

The photo sequence (unfortunately without captions) in great detail is here:

www.localb100.com/literbatchphotos

Mark

Last edited:

girl mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a cheezy scale that you can make if you don't have a gram balance. It's only for 1-liter batches, but it works in a pinch. The directions for making it and how it works are here:
http://localb100.com/cbt/dixiecupscale/

Mark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel