Old Spice to the rescue

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a pretty interesting adventure with the diesel today. I diecied I would go into work a hour early and get some extra time in for the week(good thing I did this). I'm have a ignition problem and I can't get the truck to start with the key so I have to jump the studs on the fender solenoid. I get in the truck and turn the key till the glow plugs come on then go out side to start the truck and it won't fire. I try everything glow it twice give it a little fuel, but won't fire. I keep trying to get her going but nothing happened besides grey smoke out the pipe. I keep walking away to let the stater cool down so I don't burn it up. I'm getting to the point it almost won't turn over and I got no idea why see won'fire up. I remeber I have some old spice spray in the center console and figured I. Have noting to lose at this point. I popped the air cleaner off and give the 7.3 a small sniff Well just happen to get it running and I made it to work for normal time. Just thought I would share the story if anyone finds them self in this problem

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the block heater.
Mine left me stranded at school like that.
Wound up taking a freinds jeep home putting a big ass generator in it and using that to use my block heater LOL.
You ever seen a generator in the back of a lil jeep? It's pretty funny..

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stated the truck at -2 with out anything but gp I don't think it was that it was 40 today so idk

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
dum dum, da dum dum dum, da da dum dum dum, da dum dum LOL
Man I always thought that stuff was a bit potant, but that takes the cake :eek:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
axe sprey will work also, brought a old 390 to life after sitting for years. best part is, exhaust smells like the spray.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Love this thread! Never in a million years would have thought of giving the ole IDI a sniff of Old Spice to wake her up. :rotflmao

I wonder if a old spice injection system would make it a chick magnet? :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My thoughts about the exhaust smelling great too. I guess we could set up a manual injected system of the Spice kinda like the ether systems are... That might get the babes looking your direction...:sly

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Ever read the ingredients on a can of old spice spray?

Its my fuel of choice for my potato gun.:D

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha i thought a few of you would get a kick out of this. I cant figure out the start problem i tested the solenoid on the fender and it works fine. I also tried the NSS and even that was working fine. Im kind of lost of why the key wont work and i cant afford to go into fixing the key right now so im just going to run a push to start with Old spice injection

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U ever mess with the little deal at the bittom of the column that the rod goes into? Its 2 7/16nuts that hold it. I had a problem like this with my key and moved that deal up and it works fine now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That "thing" you moved on the steering colume is the actuall ignition switch. That place you stick the key is is only an actuater that connects to the switch.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Ever read the ingredients on a can of old spice spray?

Its my fuel of choice for my potato gun.:D

The two that come to mind are propane and butane.
I can tell you that **** burn when someone sprays it in your eyes (or was it axe).

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
This sounds like a problem I had a few months back... Ended up being the plastic multi-wire plug that plugs into the ignition switch proper under the dash. Ended up costing me a new starter before I found the actual problem. Drop the steering column down and look at that connection, and also where the wires terminate into the plug- one of the wires and its little copper contact piece had managed to vibrate completely out of the plastic body of the plug... Good luck ;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i carry starting fluid if you have stock gp system also carry a 1/2 and 9/16 wrench to disconnect the gp wire and youll be fine plus when buddies kill their jeeps they want to try either for some reason. either has yet to fix a gallon of water in the block go figure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online