ok new problem, I need help with brakes!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
ok finally did the hydroboost swap with the bigger master cylinder and it works great. hell i didnt even bleed the brakelines! thank you guys for all your input and suggestions!

Very nice;Sweet Did I hear rumors of overheating?:eek: Keep us posted and good luck;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a service bulletin regarding mushie brakes.

I'm going hydro, have all the arts, but the cost even from a wrecker is still more than buying this doohick.

FWIW:

"1997 and earlier diesel trucks equiped with vacuum power brakes--Low/creeping pedal:
Many owners have complained of a low or creeping brake pedal on their trucks, often mistaken for a bad master cylinder or Rear ABS valve. If the condition occurs after the vehicle has come to a stop, and no other brake concerns are found, (worn or out-of-adjusted brakes, cocked pads, or hydraulic problems) the condition is normal and the result of the vacuum pump replenishing the vacuum inside the power booster. Ford has developed a Zero-Loss Travel brake booster to correct this condition if the customer finds it unacceptable. This part is only for use on diesel-equiped trucks--P/N F5TZ-2005-CA--and is not a service replacement; it must be ordered by the part number, not vehicle application.

This condition is similar to the low brake pedal concern on all 1995 F-series that required a larger-diameter master cylinder."

Can order one from here:

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-booster-asy-brake_f5tz-2005-ca.html

This info should be made into STICKY and stuck in the FAQ section!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
brakes are still working good. very firm pedal. not quite as much bite as id hoped but still plenty functional. the overheating turned out to be a faulty brand new glowshift temp gauge that reads 250 when its only 180!! so we are heading northwest saturday morning!

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
ok finally did the hydroboost swap with the bigger master cylinder and it works great. hell i didnt even bleed the brakelines! thank you guys for all your input and suggestions!

Glad it worked for you, figured it would. I went through this on my '92 and the hydro fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online