Oil leaks

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the passenger side front of engine, it's leaking what appears to be bolt going into the bottom of the bracket holding the vacuum pump bracket. Can any of the bolts on the front around here pass in a area that can leak oil?

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your lift pump is likely leaking, weather you have a pump still there or a block off plate, that is where I would look first

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That bracket bolts on to the front of the head. Since there is no oil pressure in the head itself, even if it was a through bolt (which it's not) the bolt would have to be pretty loose in order to leak oil. X2 on the lift pump location. Did you check the fitment of your block off plate? A lo of them need a little clearancing with a bench grinder.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block off plate had a light seeping but there is a definite leak above that. I would think valve cover but it doesn't leak anywhere I can see. The only place I can't see is the part right behind the filter head bracket but if nowhere else is leaking I wouldn't think it to only leak there? Plus the amount leaking seems excessive for a valve cover.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s is a plug that I have seen leak but only once, I would make sure the block off plate isn’t leaking first, you got to remove all the accessories off the head to get to this plug.
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your engine looks great!
Mine looks like an oily pig viewing from bottom up. I actually bought an aluminum diff cover for the dana 60 front axle and decided not to install because the leaks & drips will be a constant cleaning issue.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Block off plate had a light seeping but there is a definite leak above that. I would think valve cover but it doesn't leak anywhere I can see. The only place I can't see is the part right behind the filter head bracket but if nowhere else is leaking I wouldn't think it to only leak there? Plus the amount leaking seems excessive for a valve cover.

Valve covers on these engines can leak like a sive...

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@catbird7 I just pressure washed and engine cleaner it for like an hour before I change do my water pump, there was a inch of clay like substance made of oil diesel and road dirt on everything lol @Thewespaul you should just send me that's engine as a reference so I can find my leak? I'm gonna change the valve cover gasket because why not at this point I've done enough work that I should have just started a build thread even if half the work was my trucks idea. I've replaced/fixed or upgraded basically everything but the long block of my motor on this truck now

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get in line, I’ve got a waiting list for engines to be built that goes into next year LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hopefully not this one LOL
NO FAIR! It's not even installed yet. I certainly hope that it's not leaking too.:Thumbs Up Pelky, another thing to check is how tight the valve cover bolts are. If one was loose enough, I guess that it could just leak in that one area.