Oil Feed Line for Turbo

Chip

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to install a new oil feed line to the turbo, I accidentally pinched the old one :eek: . No issues on the turbo side, but the other end disappears into a jumble :dunno . Are there any tips or tricks to get to this end? Do I have to remove anything to get down to this end? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!

Chip

MJ Synthetics

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry Chip if it was a Dmax I could help you. I just changed my turbo so I was in all that stuff 2 weeks ago. I am not sure if the 6.5L is the same set up. :dunno

Chip

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time. Itook off the Alternator but there is a llarge bracket that still blocks the way in. Someone on another board said they had to take of the A/C compressor and stuff. I do not want to try this. I'm having a hard enough time with my bad back.

Does anyone know about any fittings I could use to splice SS hose of the new end onto the old line with?

Thanks for the help!

Chip

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
What year? If it's '95 or older remove the a/c compressor and you can get at it. If it's '96 or newer I think you have to pull the whole passenger side accessory bracket off.

Chip

Reaction score
I pulled the vac pump off - that did not help at all. I also pulled the alternator off, and that did not help. I even started to pull the whole accessory bracket, but I realized it would take a lot of work, more than I could do. It appears to me the best way to get at the hose end is to remove what is directly above it. I don't know the proper terms of the items, but they have to do with the cooling system. This also looks to be beyond my capabilities.

I'm going to investigate splicing the new end onto the old line. I'll have to find fittings that can deal with high pressure and heat of the oil. If anyone has any ideas or know of specific fittings, I would be very grateful for the info.

Thanks again for the help.

Chip

Chip

Reaction score
I went to the local hydraulics shop today and took the new line with me. I explained to the guy how I wanted to splice the one good end onto the old hose that was still in the truck. He took the line in the back and a few minutes later returned with the line cut in two, and the "good" end had a compression fitting, an adapter, and another compression fitting on it. It was exactly what I was looking for. He told me it would have no problems holding 200 psi of oil. Problem solved! ;Sweet

Thanks everyone!

Chip

Chip

Reaction score
Well, the splice from the hydraulic shop is holding, at least for now :hail.

Here are pictures of the splice and the infeed to the turbo. It's the other end I could not get to.

Chip

Attachments

• Spliced Oil Line 001.jpg
    Spliced Oil Line 001.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 3
  • Spliced Oil Line 002.jpg
    Spliced Oil Line 002.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 4