Officially burning WMO

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of pump/filters are you guys using? I've gotten ~75 gallons of WMO lately, but have absolutely no way of filtering it out. Plus I'm almost flat broke, so I need a supercheap setup to get me rolling again.

dave1shere

Reaction score
I have found the best way to filter WVO is to make some filter socks out of bluejeans legs. Save up your old bluejeans or go to some thrift shop and asked for all the bluejeans that they haven't been able to sell then cut off the legs. sew the bottom of the legs together to seal them up. Then take the top of the leg and wrapper around a wire loop made from welding rod or a coat hanger sewing it so that the welding rod will hold the mouth of the new filter sock open. Now take a 55 gallon drum and cut two big holes in the top just smaller than the size of your loop for the gene legs. you can pour your oil through the gene legs. It will take out 90% of the crud and let the barrel sit and gravity will do the rest. I have five drums set up so that I can tap out of one drum, while others are settling.

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check ebay. filter bags are pretty cheap. i put "iso heet" in my barrels to help get rid of water. but if it doesnt look like a chocolate milkshake when your pumping it around your good to go.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I used a gasser oil pump that feeds throught a 5micron filter. This is what goes from the bucket to the tank. The bucket gets fed from a funnel that has some sort of shirt or cloth filter inside of it to get the big chunks. Just rememeber, below 60* and oil is H A R D to start.

SWS

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
What type of pump/filters are you guys using? I've gotten ~75 gallons of WMO lately, but have absolutely no way of filtering it out. Plus I'm almost flat broke, so I need a supercheap setup to get me rolling again.

I originally started with a gravity feed system, through some whole house filters. It was faster, watching grass grow!

I found a 1/4 HP electric motor and got a power steering pump from a 1986 Honda and it works great.

I just bought a centrifuge and hope to get it up and running soon..