Official 2012 rally

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since i will be making my trip from IL i will be doing most of my trip on the Illinois Tollthehelloutofyouway and Indiana Tollbutyoucandrivefastway I decided to pick up an Ipass do hickey thing. Anyone on here use one? Do i have to mount it on my windshield or can i just sit it on my dash?

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
You can just set them on your dash. I've borrowed a friends a bunch and it works fine. They work via rfid, so when you pash through, they activate and scan the reader and get your id and bill you for the toll you are passing through.

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
On another note, have youj looked at jumping onto I80/894 .. at least MI doesn't toll you and 80/94 in indiana isn't tolled either. That's how I go to Iowa is Via 80 and it costs a 1.10 to go from MI to Iowa in tolls. Just a thought.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
rear helper springs....done!!!!
late model lighted running boards.......done!!!!
new steel brake line.....done!!!
New front fuel tank, shower head, and quick fill filler neck.....Done!!!!!
Front seat disassembled and repaired......done!!!!!
new cap mounted air deflector.......done!!!!!
new (to me) camper with lots more room.......done!!!!!

turbo...... DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as most of you probably already realize Lola and I will not be ablke to make the trip this year. Back in January I was called back to work after being laid off in March. I was actually suprised to be called back as we had a really mild winter this year and people were not using as much heating oil they did last year.

This year they decided to keep me on and I am now delivering everyone's favorite mens cologne, on road diesel LOL. Since i went back there has only been one week that I worked forty hours, all the rest ranged from 50 hours to 65 hours a week so I did not feel it would be right for me to ask for the time off. We do hope to make it next year though and of course that will all depend on the work status as well as the financial status. If I am still working at the same place and I hope to be I will try to get that week for vacation and then you can be stuck with seeing Lola and I again. That is of course if you want to put up with us again. :D

Have fun and be safe. By the way does Goose still have that injection pump?. With 200K on what is I believe to be the original pump I think it's about time for it to be changed as well as the injectors.

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Compu Doc
I be in my ambulance as a replacement for yours since you are working :( Also for the potluck I wanted to repost that I am bringing meatballs to share. Possible deviled eggs. Well the wife is making it I just carry it.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
By the way does Goose still have that injection pump?. With 200K on what is I believe to be the original pump I think it's about time for it to be changed as well as the injectors.

John, I regret to inform you that I do not have this pump any longer. The ex wound up having it scrapped among MANY other valuable things that I lost in my divorce. ;Really:backoff:backoff If you find something, my offer still stands to come and aid in the install.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you won't make it John, but glad to hear you are working again. Jobs are a double edged sword.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
WOW!!!!! It's finally down to the wire. Those travelling please be safe. Wanna see you guys rolling in tomorrow.
Weather is predicting to be very hot and sticky so don't forget your swimming suits, and plenty of bug spray!

John that's great news but gonna miss you and Lola at the rally.
There's next year. :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Moose Fleet is ready for departure. Talk about logistics...

3:00pm Suzi takes Matthias' Night Moose to the train station in Lancaster.
4:00pm my Mom picks up Suzi and brings her home.
6:30pm Iron Moose leaves for York to pick up Emma with refuel on the way.
6:40pm Moose Truck takes Suzi to the Lady Moose (previously hooked to the camper)
7:00pm Lady Moose pulls out with Moose Truck following
8:00pm Rejoin Iron Moose in York
10:00pm Moose Fleet arrives Seven Mountains campground
8:00am Moose Fleet departs Seven Mountains campground
4:00pm Arrive Indian Creek
5:00pm Matthias takes train from Philly to Lancaster
6:00pm Matthias drives Night Moose streight through to Techumseh Est: 4:00AM arrrival.

Everybody say a prayer for a safe trip for all these fine folks and trucks!