Official 1986 4 door Bronco build thread!

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They spliced the frame in my 77, except they didnt butt weld it, the 77 frame was taller than the bronco so they inserted about 2 feet of bronco frame into the 350 frame, bolted it together and then welded the length of the bottom, all 2 feet. Looks really sturdy. I will take some pics.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if I were to build one I would want to use a full cc frame with the 8ft bed. A little more lenth would improve re appearance and provide a little more usable room like a full size 90s suburban.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm trying to use all factory sheet metal and interior bits, I got an answer on fourdoorbronco.com that the rear frame hump from the F350 interferes with the bronco tub, a body lift can fix this, but I don't want a tall truck.

Thanks in advance for the frame pictures.

Here are some pre centurian models with the longer bed-

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I have a couple Hummer H2 wheels I picked up for another project, they're a little heavy, 17" diameter, and wide enough to play go fast-turn left ;Really but not light enough, if I can come up with some sort of a center cap the blockey styling might work well with the sharper lines of an early truck.

Attachments

• H2 wheel-1.jpg
    H2 wheel-1.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 13
  • H2 wheel-2.jpg
    H2 wheel-2.jpg
    942.4 KB · Views: 7

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those two you linked are known as moon buggies, don't think they were a Centurion, Magnum or some other offshoot.

Edit: Apparently they ere a Cent. My bad. Fugly though. Much happier with mine.

Last edited:

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think those two trucks are fugly!!:eek::puke: The raised roofs look out of place and the Bronco II style rear side glass just looks goofy and ruins the looks!cookoo :rolleyes:

But that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I have a couple Hummer H2 wheels I picked up for another project, they're a little heavy, 17" diameter, and wide enough to play go fast-turn left ;Really but not light enough, if I can come up with some sort of a center cap the blockey styling might work well with the sharper lines of an early truck.

You will have to machine out the center hub of the wheel for those to fit over ford axles. But they are a nice looking wheel. O..... 17" tires cost more than 18" and your selection is limited

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Update! I picked up the donor F350 today, the longest 110 mile drive home I have ever known! I walked in the front door and got online to check registration status, yup, it really is non-oped, no $578,351 back fees ;Sweet but it will have to sit for a few weeks, I wasn't ready, but the seller wanted it outa there, so I accomidated him.

Looking it over I believe it has the 1356 transfer case, 460, and a ZF5, so I'll be needing the template to adapt that pattern to the diesel engine :sly and keep my wide ratios, the important interior parts are in good shape, and it runs with the standard factory issued carb fuel leak.

This thing is almost identical to my other crew cab in many ways, including one that suprised me, I was handed the origional title from 1986! I almost don't want to turn that in to DMV!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Even though it does not yet have a proper engine I get excited every time I walk out the front door! I caught myself sitting in it running through the gears and making diesel vroom-vroom sounds with my mouth just now :rotflmao glad no one caught me, and the nosy neighbor is trying to get a peak, he was attempting to show off in his new Mercedes s550 the other day, I guess the '09 he had before just wasn't good enough for him :rolleyes:

Attachments

• F350 on trailer.jpg
    F350 on trailer.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker