off the mark but looking for help for a buddy

swuchase1

Reaction score
i have a buddy that has a DODGE with 40000 miles and it broke a e-manifold bolt he dealer said bolt is covered labor is not???? i dont understand that anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance Bob

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
It probably doesn't classify under the powertrain warranty or the stealership is just lying throught their teeth. Take it to a different dealership. One bolt doesn't make it undriveable does it?

swuchase1

Reaction score
no its driveable drove it home from TEXAS just makes a little noise and worried about tubro pressure

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I know the first and 2nd gens were famous for either breaking exhaust manifold to head bolts, cracking the exhaust manifold or lifting the head off the deck because the heat expansion and contraction that is why the 3 pc and 2 pc aftermarket manifolds are sold. He might once he gets the manifold off to have them check it for warpage. But it sounds like they are blowing smoke because it should still be under the powertrain warranty which should cover both parts and labor. I would suggest he pull out the warranty booklet and start reading.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
just got off the phone with my nephew and he says they dealership more so the mechanic can put in to void the warranty but typically they only do this if the vehicle has been modified and only if the tech wants to be a pain.

Any mods done to the truck?

He did say to talk to the warranty dept that is listed in the owners manual or ask them for the phone number at the dealership. he says they have to provide it when asked.

swuchase1

Reaction score
he has done no mods on the truck. he contacted customer resalutaion (sp?) dept last night. he told the tech last night why would i put the dodge one back on when we know there is a problem with them and not put an after market one that is cheaper and better. tech said he was right but he would void warranty. the dodge dealer in texas told him the only thing they would cover was the manifold and in san diego they told him just the oppsite. Maybe we will all learn something from this is all i can say

swuchase1

Reaction score
update DODGE IS GOING TO PAY my buddys bill all he has to do is pay $100 deductable. They said its a gray area

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online