Off road bumper bright lights

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I want some for the 05 and wonder if there are any I can mount on the bumper with out blocking the air flow to the IC, Rad, etc.

Thank You.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see the stock location for mine.... I dont think they present a problem with IC functionality.

You must be registered for see images attach

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have those on mine but I want some sealed unit about 4"+ diameter if possible, that will mount on the bumper with minimum cutting. I know, I'm asking too much but I don't want to put them on the roof nor block all the coolers not even for bright lights that I like so much for driving on the highway at night.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want lotsa lights eh?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep I do :D. I don't blind people coming in the opposite direction but when I drive on the highway I like to do it late night or very early in the morning don't like to get stuck on traffic and that is common around here so I like to have a good visual of the road and possible obstacles (deer :rolleyes:) to maneuver with more time. This truck has good lights but nothing like the flash lights on My (I was going to say IDI :oops::angel:) earlier ford truck :D.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I can get you guys some really High intensity bulbs for your headlights as long as there not sealed beams i run them in all my vehicles. normal headlights are 55w low beam and 65w high beam the ones i run are 80w low beam and 100w high beam not D.O.T approved but hell nobody checks i swear by them I would ship them at my cost plus shipping I am not looking at making money off them just willing to distribute them. the name is UVEX

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
and as far as road lights go alot of the trucking companies up here go the get the rectangle rubber light boxes and put sealed beam high beams in them and add them to the high beam circuit using a selenoid

Exekiel69

Reaction score
and as far as road lights go alot of the trucking companies up here go the get the rectangle rubber light boxes and put sealed beam high beams in them and add them to the high beam circuit using a selenoid

I didn't understand this, could You explain please.

Thank You.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I think he means they get offroad lights, gut the insides, and mount sealed beam headlights into the housings, and wire them up so that they come on with the high beams

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Want extra lites :-} these helped

This is what I did on the 03 Ex:

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 8

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Those are nice. Do You have gauges to monitor if it has affected the temperature by blocking the coolers?

Groundhawg

Reaction score
I've got two 6" KC Daylighters on a pushbar that sits right in front of my grill and I have NEVER had any sort of problem with any of the temps.

Even last summer, I don't recall the fan kicking on more than it did before I added the lights.

I think you would really have to go nuts with blocking the grill before you had to worry about getting things too warm.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not cut a hole in the bumper on each side and recess mount your lights in the holes. If you aren't wanting to block the airflow in any way this would be the sure way to accomplish that. You may not be willing to cut the holes and I can understand that too.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Those are nice. Do You have gauges to monitor if it has affected the temperature by blocking the coolers?

Yes, I liked them - wish I had pulled them off when I traded it in...
Nothing but stock gauges and drove it in Texus heat for 2 or 3 years until I traded it on the 05 Ex....

When I traded it in, the salesmen fought over it to see who could buy it back :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online