OBS cluster swap

PapaJammie

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
88 will have the sensor you need, the obs speedometer has the "speed control unit" as part of it. You don't need anything besides just the speedometer from an obs cluster and the wiring plug.

Some trimming and test fitting a few times and you can make it work, also if you want the button holes to line up you need to use the clear part from the obs and modify it on the sides.

Wow thank you so much this is exactly what I was looking for! Do I have to use the sensor from the OBS or are you saying that the sensor is already there in my truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the page from the EVTM. It would appear that the sensor in your rear end for the abs is the same.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same sensor just changed names in 92, you do not need to change it. Through I do recommend to pull out yours and make sure the end is clean of any metal shavings or other junk.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
88 will have the sensor you need, the obs speedometer has the "speed control unit" as part of it. You don't need anything besides just the speedometer from an obs cluster and the wiring plug.

Some trimming and test fitting a few times and you can make it work, also if you want the button holes to line up you need to use the clear part from the obs and modify it on the sides.

Wow. That speedo fits exceptionally well in the older style cluster. Looks great.

I will amend my post now to say that unit I was talking about is the speed control amplifier. It controls cruise. It looks like it would be quite easy to make the speedo work, especially if you could get a picture of the EVTM page from the brick nose truck and find the wires to the abs sensor closer to the cab....

PapaJammie

Reaction score
So if I'm understanding correctly, the OBS speedo has a separate plug from the rest of the cluster? A plug just for speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk