NOT FOR DEISELS???

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
By the way, the plow was on a 2006 F250 'Stroke. The mounting bracket is much different than my '87. If I do decide to use the plow it looks like the best thing to do is spend $600 and buy the one specific for my truck. Be lots of modification involved with this one.

Yes I would purchase the bracket. I have made countless snow plow brackets for all types of vehicles, but that was when the pumps and lights stayed on the truck and only the blade was removed. I have installed a few of the minute mounts with the factory brackets and even with them they are hard to get correct sometimes because they need to be aligned perfectly. To try and fabricate that would be very difficult without a jig, which is how they do it in a fab shop.
Now another option is to find someone or a junk yard selling them. I have seen them on craigslist in ny. Fishers are most popular in New England states because they are manufactured in Maine. We have members here from New England so post a wtb ad in the market place and maybe you'll get lucky. Also check Vermont craigslist there is a guy who advertises that he has lots of parts for our trucks, I'm sure he will have them. You have 8-9 months before you need them.

Being that new it is an electric pump. They stopped making the belt driver late 90's. Belt driven was king. No electrical draw and the lasted forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online