No TC lockup

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is on the pass side of trans. Comes off of plug behind heat shield. But must have hit exhaust cause casing is partially melted. I will see what kind of info I can get off to see if that may help. I'm doing a 200 km trip with 1400 lb of firewood in bed and a 4k trailer This weekend. so we will see how she does with no lockup :(

Your gonna burn up the trans. Unlocked, the converter makes a TON of heat. Add in your towing, you'll be seeing in excess of 250+ degree's.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna burn up the trans. Unlocked, the converter makes a TON of heat. Add in your towing, you'll be seeing in excess of 250+ degree's.

it didnt last long unlocked. it would lock on highway after about 5 or 10 minutes of driving. and then stay locked. but on the way home i just kept my distance from everyone so i didnt touch the brake. wierd thing though is when the tc locked. and i flipped the switch. it wouldnt unlock if i hit the brake.. but would unlock if i had the switch off. figure that one out :S i am going to saulder the resister back in this weekend or next. and if that doesnt fix the problem maybe i will change out the solenoid pack.

what is the solenoid called that i am looking for? so i know what to order.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can often find them on ebay for under $100
-Couple of really neat vintage dirtbikes
-Im a welder and a truck driver.

i will start looking. im going to do a couple tests first. and damn. i thought my truck had high mileage at 307,000 miles. how much does the bigger exhaust help? and do you have straight through or mufflered. i was thinking of going straight pipe. muffler on the truck is still from when the truck was brand new..... im curious as to how clogged it is.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I found that the exhaust made NO difference at all. There is a "straight through" muffler to please the D.O.T but its still loud.

Yeah and she doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil either:sly

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the black box before you spend the bucks on a solenoid pack.

Yeah I will. I will saulder in the resistor first and see if that's it if not I will remove. Not sure if it's a whole new harness or what because plugs into trans and then runs up and over and up into PCM. Is there maybe another connection somewhere before the harness goes up into the PCM?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin