No Start ... any help truly appreciated

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'll pull a couple of GPs tomorrow to verify fuel on piston ... I smell raw fuel after cranking though.
RLDSL ... how is reserve capacity measured? I know higher numbers are better ... Optima Reds are "rated" 100 ... what should I be looking for?

How it's measured, I couldn't tell you, but I know that all the group 31 batts are way higher than that, Plus the Optimas are now made in Mexico from recycled led instead of the new stuff which makes a huge difference. A friend at the local parts store I was talking with told me that they get more Optimas back dead on warrantys than any of their other batts now that the changes have taken place ( including two of mine on some cars recently -cuss )

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know I've NEVER used ether ... I guess now would be the time ... I have to be on a job this morning ... when I get back "the fun will begin" ... again.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You pull a glow plug to see if it is wet with fuel. If it is, then you likely do not have a functioning glow plug. I'd hold off on the either until you've looked at this aspect of it.

Tim the 2lman

Reaction score
If you are getting fuel to the injectors, you should be seeing white smoke out of the tailpipe while it's cranking. Especially if you've cranked'em dead. I would say if you have no white smoke, you have a fuel delivery problem. Hope I didn't miss this detail earlier in the post.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If you are getting fuel to the injectors, you should be seeing white smoke out of the tailpipe while it's cranking. Especially if you've cranked'em dead. I would say if you have no white smoke, you have a fuel delivery problem. Hope I didn't miss this detail earlier in the post.

x2

EvilM0nkey

Reaction score

That's what I was getting at with fuel on the pistons.