no reverse

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It finally happened, cant get reverse no more in my 5 spd,,,was always hard to get,,,seem like it would almost get there,,,but today it got me in a tight spot and i couldnt get it,,,even with motor off. Any one out there know anything about these transmissions,,all the other gears are aok, even reverse is when you can get it all the way, Is ther a bushing out or something????or maybe the shifter??
always had to kinda throw it into reverse fast to get it other wise it would justr grind like it was at the end of the gear,,,help!!!!

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
don't feel bad guys mine does it too , my buddy and i rebuilt his about 5 months ago cause of the same problem we put a new reverse gear synchronizer shift drum and fork in his and i works like new , we also put all new synchs in it too , it costs about $300 for all the parts, i need to do mine soon before i get hung up and can't back up..... one day i'll have the mooo lah

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a rebuild is in order, new syncros and shift forks. You could do the ones for 5th and reverse only but since your in there might as well do them all.