No power in the mornings

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past few weeks my truck has been running like a dog in the mornings. If I don't let it warm up for 10 minutes or more it barely wants to climb a 1% grade that's about 100 feet long. It won't shift and feels like there's no power. If I let the truck warm up for 15-20 minutes, it runs fine. Same thing at the end of the work day after the truck's sat all day. Suggestions?

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I answered that question I'd being lying, because I just don't know. I got the truck second hand about 4 months ago. I guess I should take it in and get that checked.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 03. Took it in a couple of weeks ago and they flashed it, it isn't the buzz update anymore, they have a newer one. It cleared right up. One trick until you can get it in is plug it in. I had mine plugged in, in a heated garage to keep it from happening. There is a TSB out for this problem, I remember seeing in on the forum around the holidays.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
had an 03 here had new rebuilt performance injectors. still needed the flash to fix it the rest of the way.
had another customer with an 03 ex the flash fixed it.
had an 03 truck, new ford injectors fixed it.

89Firebird2.8

Reaction score
They have the 'inductive heat flash' which basically heats up the injectors to get the oil in them to move easier. I hear it works wonders.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It does. It cleared the cold oil problem right up. It is not 100% it still has a slight miss, not sure what that is yet..... I guess it'll be another trip in. Maybe still bad injectors......

Chris Gabe

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Try Hot Shot's Secret

It does. It cleared the cold oil problem right up. It is not 100% it still has a slight miss, not sure what that is yet..... I guess it'll be another trip in. Maybe still bad injectors......

Hello,

If a failed or failing injector is suspected as the cause of the performance problem I would recommend checking out Hot Shot's Secret before replacement.

This product was independently developed by my company but tested extensively by International and found to restore performance an astounding 86% of the time and improved the performance for the remaining 14%.

It is guaranteed so there is no risk.

You can find the product on our site www.lubricationspecialties.com

Good luck and I hope that you get the problem resolved quickly.

Chris

IHC1466

Reaction score
Doc

I am having the same problem with my 03 f250 and was wondering about the success of your problem. I don't have any problems when I am able to plug it in, just when it sits at work all day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin