No heat in the cab... brrrr

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the cardboards AND now a grille blanket, I'm loving my heat :D With no cardboard or blanket it still heats up nice, just not nearly as fast as I'd like it to.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem! I just ordered one from Ford a few weeks ago. It was $25.50 and included a gasket. I'm just now geting around to putting it in. Also going to be adding a external block heater and a coolant filter. I'm just hoping after this I wont need cardboard in front of the radiator to get warm :lol:

Thanks, sounds like it won't be too far outta my budget to take care of. Now I just have to get the motivation to go out in the cold and work on it....

It's definently the thermostat because the heater hoses are the same temp as the top radiator hose and there is coolant moving through the core....

Luckily it isn't too hard of a job

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Just got my thermostat out about 15 minutes ago and it was stuck open as I has suspected. The little black ring that goes around it to seal it had come loose and lodged in it keeping it open.

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what ive seen with plugged cores, one hose is hot and the other cold. or at least a significant temp diff. and it might warm slightly at idle and better when above idle. but this guy said same temp. that other thing i have seen to be common is "junk" falling through defroster vents into the area where the temp blend door area allowing it to not shut. the access panel to get to the heater core needs to be removed and then feel in beside the core on the bottom for obstructions. i have removed bullets, lighters, pens, loose change, small sockets etc... maybe thats it.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed the thermostat and flushed the heater core. Now it warms up pretty nice. I think i am going to get a grille blanket and/or some cardboard so it heats up faster.

Where did you guys find your grille blankets?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grille blanket ain't no real grille blanket, tis actually one of those mats mechanics throw on car fenders to protect the paint when they gotta lean over it - that, and 4 bungee cords, great grille blanket for free, even looks good, friggin fire-engine red :D