No fuel at injector lines

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
Well got my 94 RAM 2500 back to the house. Thanks for the help in the 911 section. Finally had to get it towed. Haven't had much time to look at it, but hear is what I know. I have fuel at return line banjo fitting on IP, both with primer pump and while cranking, no fuel at the injector lines comming out of the pump.
First question: should the fuel flow from that return line be under more pressure when cranking than when opperating the hand primer pump? I know when I had a leak in that line the fuel was really squirting out of there, however the engine was running at the time.

Second question: Is it possible that the lift pump is supplying fuel, but not at sufficient pressure to feed the IP correctly?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
is the Fuel Shut Off Solenoid pulling up fully? Turn the key to the Start position then let it rest back in the RUN position - now open the hood and can you pull up the fuel shut off solenoid? if so hit the start button again... does it run? If so you found the symptom of the problem... Then start checking electrical connections at both the drivers side battery and the plugs coming off the solenoid... mine did this and it was a bad connection at the drivers side battery.

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
Fuel shutoff it opperating OK. Pulls up on start and stays up on run. Just to be sure I wired it up manually still no run.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of fuel volume is the l/p putting out? it is possible as you asked, for the l/p to supply some fuel..but not enough. alot of times when they go out, theyll pump air also...

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
As I said above, it put out about the same as when opperating the hand primer pump. Not much.

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. Took them and started from scratch. Replaced filter again(just in case), cleaned fuel screen in sump/heater, primed and after quite a few tries it fired, semms to run fine now, other than it's a little hard to start. Based on one suggestion I may replace the lift pump when I have the funds. I do have one more question though. The boot on the fuel shuoff solinoid is shot however the solinoid itself seems to work fine. Somewhere awhile back someone on one of the forums mentioned a rebuild kit (basicly a new boot) instead of a new solinoid. Can anyone point me to where I might buy this kit.

Thanks again
Wildbill;Sweet