No floor heat

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get my heater to blow heat out the floor vents. I just get heat out of the defroster when it's on mix and I get a little warm air out of the defrost vents when it's on floor as well. Near as I can tell it's a vacuum motor not working as I can hear the vacuum motor activate when I switch it to defrost. I've found 2 vacuum motors under the dash, one appears to be for defrost and the other for vent but I can't find the one for floor. Any tips on where to look or what else it might be? It just started happening all of a sudden, the selector knob for the heater function got some play in it at the same time so it could be in the switch too.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When that happened to the Lady Moose, it was because my torching under the cab had melted a vacuum hose. :eek:

LOL

Aside from that, you've already done a good diagnosis. I would verify the vacuum motor is moving properly. If that is the case, then the blade has failed inside the box, which is probably NOT what you want to hear.

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the vacuum motor that worked the floor blade. is it tucked up under the dash in a place where the dash has to be removed to see it?

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vaacuum is good. The vacuum motors I found have vacuum and function properly. Vent and AC functions also work. Just nothing on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online