NO 4X4 FOR ME???

SUPERFORD

Reaction score
Ihave a 2000 superduty 4x4 with electric shift on fly.The other day i shifted it to 4x4 mode and it does nothing. i checked fuses and all are ok. i pulled out switch and there are four wires that go to it. the only wire that is ever hot is the one that lights up when the tail lights are turned on to light the led in the switch. can any one tell me what the wires are or if any should be hot at all?? any help would be appreciated greatly

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
That's the main reason there are 2 sticks comming thru my floor ;p :D :sorry: had to say it LOL

Has the 4x4 worked before { meaning is the truck new to you?}

Using the KISS principle.......have you checked the fuse/relays both under the dash and under the hood?

I don't venture much into the SD world but my fuzzy memory recalls some issues regarding the relays :confused: in the early SD's

BTW welcome to OB :cheers:
{post some of your truck info in your sig so we know what you have :thumbsup: }

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hubs on the ESOF models are operated by vacuum, you might get under the truck and see if the hoses are hooked up and in good condition. They have a tendacy to dry rot and crack. If it is a vacuum leak you might notice a hissing noise coming from the hvac vent blend door. Ie-occassionally air only comes out of the defrost vents.

SUPERFORD

Reaction score
i have manual hubs so it is not a vacume issue"had that problem already" i have checked all fuses but do not know how to check the relays other than one post is hot but i dont know from there

SUPERFORD

Reaction score
if any one has a diagram of the wireng to the switch it would help greatly thanks chad

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
If its not the hoses, my guess is the transfercase motor. Check the ESOF motor relays on the driver side fender. If the relays or relay box have become dislodged, corrosion may form on the relay terminals or inside the relays.

SUPERFORD

Reaction score
how do you check the relays? i have power to them but not sure past there.
i have no power to the switch so i cant get none to the motor . and the hubs are already aliminated

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
Roland_Jenkins said:
my guess is the transfer-case motor.
|stupid

The motor on the transfer-case is a trouble spot. I had to replace it on our 00' Excursion once and it was getting problematic again when I traded it off. I like the stick through the floor on my 96' much better than the new electronic stuff.

PARKESPOWER

Reaction score
my next truck will have a stick through the floor!!!

i had trouble with blowing fuses on mine before the motor went out. a buddy of mine tracked it down but i cant get a hold of him to find out how he tested the switch, but i remember him testing it before we went to the motor. i sure would think one of these guys has the diagram to where power goes to that switch or out of it. i will be home this weekend and pull my switch out and test it for you if no response by then. good luck

SUPERFORD

Reaction score
any info on wireing will be apreciated before i break down and take it to the stealership for there 2 cents worth

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker