Night Moose inspected!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after our fling with the cops the other week, I was off last Friday and took the Nightmoose by trailer to Stoner-Wade for state inspection in preparation for submission of Penn DOT form MV 426B application for modified title. Matthias had school, so he didn't get to go and this will be the first he sees these pictures too.

You must be registered for see images

My trusted mechanic friends gave it the once over and couldn't believe the ease with which the diesel resided in the F-150. They had no issues with any part of our conversion. The things that need a bit of attention yet were things that we didn't touch. It needs rear drums, front pads, brake lines and a couple of brake hoses. All stuff Rhode Island tried to eat before we pulled it out of its mouth. I expected that, but didn't need to address it before hand. It will take the state at least 5 or 6 weeks before we can even consider getting paper back from them. :rolleyes:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
;Sweet I would put a hats off icon but there isn't one here.

ps- I take this opportunity to complain about that and the fact that nobody even care to bring back the sly icon that I liked so much. :backoff:D

sootman73

Reaction score
thats a really cool project mel! it fits like it from the factory! bet you could pull that one over a few people!LOL:D

looks like itd be pretty quick with such a light truck too!:cool

sure wish i coulda built something with my dad like that! he wont ever forget it!

discbrks

Reaction score
Sure glad that we don't have those inspections here... if it runs & has working lights & turn signals, its legal!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like itd be pretty quick with such a light truck too!:cool

I rode along for the road test (with a dealer tag on the back) and it does very well. He even tested the cruise control, which we had not and it worked! :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
congrates

looking forward to see how the paperwork goes since i plan to do the same.........someday

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
My rig failed last week for brakes. The cores were so shot that there was no hope of a core refund. I was amazed that the thing would even stop. Got all new ones on and it stops like a dream now :thumbsup

It's always good when you have a nice mechanic too.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sure glad that we don't have those inspections here... if it runs & has working lights & turn signals, its legal!

Yup, that and bumpers here in Michigan.LOL

Although to build one, I think it's just about as much hassle to get all of the paperwork and inspections completed.

It does pay to have friends as LEO's and inspectors!;Sweet

Nice work Mel. You guys done good!:thumbsup:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may not be a hats off icon but there is always a thumbs up!! Nice work Mel!!:thumbsup:

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Is there a thread on the buildup for that truck? Im thinkin about maybe doing it to my 93 F150 with the 6.9 engine from my 85 F250.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no thread per sey, but I did a summary write up in this post.

There were more threads and more questions to be answered when I did my Bronco. Having done that, this one had no mysteries to solve, and was built pretty much in silence with only the occasional update. Matthias' dedication to his school work slowed the project down quite a bit, but I can't complain. The kid has enough credits in 11th grade to graduate right now if he wanted.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that install looks factory!

Hey you don't have any spare bullet hole wheels laying around do you? I've been searching for months to try and find a couple at a reasonable price.

Sorry for the highjack.

mR

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
That's a project that will get lots of attention! Your son will never forget that first ride he built with his Dad! Congrats! ;Sweet