News from Dynomax on y-pipe availability.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I sent an email to Dynomax the other night asking about the y-pipes. I was specific in that I mentioned our IDI's and the fact that they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I asked them if they were temporarily out of stock or just back ordered. This is the response i got today.

Thank you for your inquiry for Dynomax Exhaust. We appreciate your interest in our products. I am sorry but they have been discontinued for a while now. Were you found them would have been old stock.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our tech line at the number below.

Thank You,
Adam Stacy
Adam Stacy
Dynomax Performance Exhaust
Installation Technician

This doesn't seem good. Wonder whats going to come out of trying to track down y-pipes for our trucks now that are of any quality. The local exhaust shop here in Junction is an absolute joke on their prices and I wouldn't even waste my time going down there for a quote.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like I have a piece of N.O.S.......
I do have the rest of the other half of the "Y"
I'm not "in love" with keeping it...so what's it worth to you?

Attachments

• SL377257.JPG
    SL377257.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 40
  • SL377258.JPG
    SL377258.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 17

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,
You should "sell" that to an exhaust guy that'd be willing to make a jig to reproduce them. Sell it for a percentage of what he sells or for a run of your own then take it back. Can't lose

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,
You should "sell" that to an exhaust guy that'd be willing to make a jig to reproduce them. Sell it for a percentage of what he sells or for a run of your own then take it back. Can't lose
I've tried that before with many "irreplaceable " parts for IDI's. NO ONE AND I DO MEAN NO ONE wants to pay for the setup fees. As a result, I have some very well optioned trucks that I know the next guy will have a heck of a time replicating.
check out this stillborn adventure.
www.oilburners.net/forums/showthrea...erest-on-IC-intake-part-for-ATS093-turbo-kits

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well............ that stinks! Another supplier for these IDI's bites the dust!

RIP Dynomax Y-pipe.

Heath

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try like an LMC truck and see if they sell any diesel exhaust stuff. Your gonna pay for it though. Atleast for most of the non-diesel and non-aftermarket parts we need the restoration places are coming through pretty good.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 100_0881.JPG
    100_0881.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0884.JPG
    100_0884.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 18

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On this exhaausting note, , I have a shop that is going to try and do the crossover for the 093 systems to mate up with the pieces I have, but flanges are not available, so dont toss them , and maybe collect a few at wrecking yards. I have one yard here that is going to start saving them.. The crossover will be a slip fit in the center and then band clampable.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On this exhaausting note, , I have a shop that is going to try and do the crossover for the 093 systems to mate up with the pieces I have, but flanges are not available, so dont toss them , and maybe collect a few at wrecking yards. I have one yard here that is going to start saving them.. The crossover will be a slip fit in the center and then band clampable.
russ-
if that's directed to me......my stash is your stash when it comes to R&D or personal use. hell, the CC shell is still waiting for you here.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's in the parts cabinet of the Nostromo with all the clamps and hangers that came with the kit. I will work on pulling it out this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle