New turbo mod.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my coworker and good buddy Dan is swaping his engine in his 93, so I heavily modded his turbo to see how it works, its great to guinea pig on someone elses truck.lol

I machined the 093 turbine to take a much bigger wheel off of an 088. Hope it doesnt over boost.

He has one of the uhaul engines and he studded the heads, took the oil cooler and swapped the new bundle onto the truck headers as it was a van engine, and the cooler was a brand new turbo style bundle with the extra fin count. I hope my engine has that.

This is one full exh housing :D

Attachments

• IMG_20140503_103409835_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140503_103409835_HDR.jpg
    989.4 KB · Views: 344

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry I just let the site resize them. new phone takes nice pics tho.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you expect out of this mod vs. the old one? will it take longer to spool, but build more boost on the top end? would you need up graded fuel delivery to take advantage of this bigger wheel?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG -Drool, that's damn sweet, makes me wanna play cause got the complete 088 and partial 093 kit...damn u Russ....got nuff ***** rolling round in my head n now this -Drool

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Might add this is experimental as Russ posted. Its like buying something and waiting for it to come in the mail. Could be really exciting what this mod does. I'm not schooled enough to say what I think this may do to the boost and engine but I sure will be watching. Please Russ.. Good or bad, post the results so we all can understand why it does what it will do. That work and fit look very impressive. Saying its full is an understatement. That housing is no longer a ****** housing either..:eek::angel::D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like.
Your pic is huge though.

quick simple tip;
when someone posts a pic too large for the site,simply:
"right mouse" click on the image and select "view image" in the drop down menu.
there is the pic resized to fit the page now and easily viewed.give it try on the large pic posted by Russ above.nice tip.;Sweet

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
I'm aware of this, that's how I looked at it last night.
Others might not be.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we are hoping for is sooner boost, the max will be set with the wastegate. Not looking for high numbers ,just higher lower speed numbers. either way it will be a fun test.
It will also be pre and post IC.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im very interested as to the outcome and specs of this trial! I have an 093 ats and was thinking of switching to an hx30 turbo or like. but if you find a mod for these that improves boost numbers ill be excited!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already have a compressor side mod that helps.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll vouch for the compressor mod Russ does, made a real nice difference in mine ;Sweet

Dennis

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My non wg Banks now shows 2-3 lbs. boost down low around 1400 rpm and the highest I've seen so far is 13-14 lbs. before I got off the accelerator for fear of lifting a head.
I have studs and a Typ 4 cam that are yet to be installed which I think will let me see 18-19 lbs. boost on the high end.
Forgetting about boost #s, the truck is just so much nicer to drive, it just pulls and the boost is always "right there".
Lest I forget, if you like turbo whistle you'll like this mod, turns into more of a scream at higher rpm ;Sweet

I think this mod along with the Typ 4 cam and one of Mels hot pumps would make a real nice combination without going crazy on the performance end.

Dennis