New toy - Small crawler Backhoe

brians

Reaction score
Check out the new toy. It's an International TD-340 crawler backhoe powered by a d-166 diesel engine. It's supposed to be from 1975 but I haven't checked the serial number yet.

With all the deadwood in the forest I need to fabricate a cage before I take it into the woods for some serious use.

I've never driven one of these so if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it in advance.

Brian

Attachments

• Backhoe 005.jpg
    Backhoe 005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Backhoe 006.jpg
    Backhoe 006.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! I especially love the Barcalounger sitting up there where the driver's seat's supposed to be LOL

You could have some fun with that...methinks you done good ;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
About the only advice I can offer is keep the tracks tight, and grease teh CRAP out of it every chance you get. If you are digging, stop every 3 hours or so and put a couple shots in each fitting....some people say it's too much, but have you ever line bored and replaced pins and bushings?! It ain't cheap!

Keep your head on straight, and use a little common sense and you should do just fine.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Only advice I have is if you start sliding turn downhill.

brians

Reaction score
To late for the front lawn thing but since it's in the middle of the woods nobody will ever know.

If I start sliding I will definitely turn it into the slide. This is good advice 'cause there are a lot of hills in gold country.

Grease. I was warned I'd need a ton of grease but I didn't realize it was that critical.

Love the cartoon. Good thing I don't associate with any Prius (Positively Ridiculous Idiotic Useless Shit) types.

Warden, the seat has to go. It's comfortable but it's not very practical.

Anyways, thats for the advice. I'd rather learn from you guys than the hard way (although I'm pretty good at learning the hard way, over, and over).

Brian

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warden, the seat has to go. It's comfortable but it's not very practical.
Sadly, I believe that...it sure looks comfy, though! Shame it's brown...I might be interested otherwise :angel:

Love the cartoon. Good thing I don't associate with any Prius (Positively Ridiculous Idiotic Useless Shit) types.
That's a new one :D I always refer to them as the Toyota Pious (typically with a few choice swear words in front).

I like Jeremy Clarkson's take on the Pious...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online