New fuel pump, still got gunk.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my fuel pump about a month ago, haven't ran truck much since then maybe 100miles driven.
Check oil today before heading into the woods. My oil still looked funky and smells weird like it did before. Could the new pump have failed that quick? Truck starts and runs good it even in the 20s here. Could I be seeing leftover gunk working it way out?. Changed all oil and filter when new pump was put in.
You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Depending how much was in there, and how long you have ran it, it could take a couple changes to get it all out.
Otoh, could have injectors leaking down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending how much was in there, and how long you have ran it, it could take a couple changes to get it all out.
Otoh, could have injectors leaking down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yes I haven't ran it much and winter months can be weird on oil with condensation and such.
I'll just run it today and keep checking.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be aggressive with the oil changes. Could be a leaking injection pump if it doesn’t go away

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load it down, Get it good and hot, run it for a few hours like that then change the oil.
It takes at least an hour at temp to steam out the condensation in the eng. Block.
The start up run for 1/2 hour b.s. is ******* oli.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Load it down, Get it good and hot, run it for a few hours like that then change the oil.
It takes at least an hour at temp to steam out the condensation in the eng. Block.
The start up run for 1/2 hour b.s. is ******* oli.
Amen