New(to me)truck, now a problem.

Cracker

Reaction score
Well I did not want the first post after I finally bought a truck to be about a problem, but...

I bought the truck on Sat('92 F2504x4 supercab NA) and have put 250miles on with no issues and then today on the way home I look down at the speedo and notice the digital odometer says " E 08 6". When I get home I shut it down and go eat dinner, after eating I go back out and turn the ignition on to write down what it says and see what is happening and the speedo needle pegs and then drops back to zero(***, that has never happend before). The only thing that I have noticed unusual is the gauges are erratic and "flutter" for the first 4-5 minutes aftercold startup and then work normal

I don't have a service manual yet because the local parts house didn't have one and I tried the search function but it says the string is too short and I have no clue what I am looking for.

Other than that I love my new toy.

TIA

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Thats really strange. Never heard of that before :dunno but welcome to oilburners! Somebody here will give some helpful advice ;Sweet

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google often finds stuff here on oilburners that the vbulletin search doesn't, because it will search "short" and "common" terms that vbulletin refuses to search for, and it does a better job of searching combinations of words.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site (formally since you now have a truck) and post up some pics of your rig!

Cracker

Reaction score
I have been lurking hear for a couple years mining for information while I searched for the right truck. Yall were invaluable in what to look for to spot issue in my quest for my first diesel. I will post some pics and have a " first post" here shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.