NEW TO ME!!! '94 F350

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most are well rounded a psd 7.3 isn't much harder than an Idi. But takes some different tools. Doesn't bother me but when it goes from one too 2 psd an people on Ob have a hard enough time letting one post somthing for sale on here an not in the market place. Btw google has answered every single problem I or others I know have had with a psd 7.3

lilredtdi

Reaction score
850 rpm idle is high? Oh sh*t!! I do not know how accurate the stock tach is but mine idles at 900-950 rpm. Should I be concerned? Sorry for thread jacking.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
850 rpm idle is high? Oh sh*t!! I do not know how accurate the stock tach is but mine idles at 900-950 rpm. Should I be concerned? Sorry for thread jacking.

Mine idles around 800-900 rpm. It is considered a high idle, but nothing to worry about.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
HPOP symptoms would be more like it has trouble holding a high RPM, or it "spits" when you really punch the throttle. There's a couple things I would check... first, being ALL the connections at the UVCH being good, clean, and not melted or corroded in any way. Second would be the CPS. I got a Motorcraft one off RockAuto for $20. Third would be fuel pressure. You can measure it off the schrader valve. You're looking for around 50 psi. Fuel pumps are pretty rare failures in the Powerstrokes though.

The 'nation does a pretty good job of answering PSD questions though.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Split model year. 1st half was IDI Navistar turbos and 2nd half of year was the PS.

I dont know that they actually had a clean break like that, I have seen a psd as early as 2/94, and an idi as late as 9/94

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I dont know that they actually had a clean break like that, I have seen a psd as early as 2/94, and an idi as late as 9/94

It's all about marketing and money. They were supposed to introduce the PSD as a complete line in '94, but the IDI's were still in production. They had to get rid of them somehow. But the IDI's are referred to as "94" and the PSD's are referred to as "94 1/2" just to be safe.

Black dawg

Reaction score
It's all about marketing and money. They were supposed to introduce the PSD as a complete line in '94, but the IDI's were still in production. They had to get rid of them somehow. But the IDI's are referred to as "94" and the PSD's are referred to as "94 1/2" just to be safe.

Yeah, kinda like all the 99 diesels running around with build dates as early as 2/98

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online