NEW TO ME!!! '94 F350

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought i would start another thread here. Well I got the truck home last night...barely. When I fired it up at the guys house it started good and idled fine. Let it warm up for 10 mins or so and then made the 30 mile run home. Just as I was turning off the highway about a mile from the house it died. There was no miss for the previous 29 miles, just the rough running symptoms of a possible loose injector plug harness. I got it fired up again, but it was really hard turning over, almost like the batteries were half dead, but it fired and made it into my driveway just fine.

I have been doin a lil googleing this mornin n its lookin like it could possibly be a HPOP causing this...whats yer opinion? It runs slightly rough, kinda like its firing on all 8, but only one is gettin half a shot of fuel, and it idles high...around 850 or so. Other then that everything else is perfect, everything works, no rust or dents n pretty happy with this deal! This is the new truck in my sig...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traitor....going to the Dark side.....sheeesh...have no clue btw....but turning and shutting off sounds like something as stupid as wires on ignbut they are down low on that truck...on the column....got me wondering

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have tried the Powerstroke Nation before and the PSD section here n not much luck at all...

Lattimoreboy69

Lattimoreboy69
Reaction score
I've got an '03 7.3 and had the same problem with mine when the cam position sensor went out, it seemed to go dead when i would get out of the throttle right before a turn or when coming to a stop. Don;t remember it being hard to start though...

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...well that gives me somethin to go on then. Is this lil sensor a pretty pricey lil part?

Lattimoreboy69

Lattimoreboy69
Reaction score
I'm thinking $25.00 to $30.00 at the dealership. mine was replaced on a re-call, you may want to call and give them your VIN number to see if yours has been replaced?

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
Traitor....going to the Dark side.....sheeesh...have no clue btw....but turning and shutting off sounds like something as stupid as wires on ignbut they are down low on that truck...on the column....got me wondering

but correct me if im wrong the 94 is just a 7.3 idi with a factory turbo?
i thaught the psd came out in 95.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your tach when you are cranking your truck: if it doesn't move it's the cam position sensor. I'd change it anyways, they are cheap enough ($40ish I think) and I don't know anybody with a 7.3 PSD who doesn't have a spare in the glove box. Do a search, they fail a lot and are easy to swap out.

Good luck

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No 94.5 made psd an out went Idi. Ya I agree a psd forum would be better place of post no an 6.9-7.3 Idi section. here I thought it was a factory turbo 94 clean nice an rare nope just another psd out of its place. You have alot of problems with those it seems a psd forum could answer the questions alot better. Two vs one in your sig.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks guys. I just called Ford here n they want $65 for it. Will this be the same part that International can get? I prefer to go thru them as they are always better on pricing by far...

I thought (and hoped) this truck was an IDI, but its gotta be one of the first PSD's they put in. Build date is 03/94

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as posting questions for a PSD, I have gotten LOTS of useful info on here. The ones who dont know much about em can offer opinions, but the ones who do have lots of good advice to offer. Sorry if it offends anyone that I am asking PSD questions in an IDI section, but it will sometimes take days to get a reply on the PSD section...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726