New Tires Or Not??

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs opinions. I looked at my trailer tires recently and notices small cracks on the sidewalls. Yes it's the dreaded dryrot!!! They're not big and deep. I was hoping not to have to buy a new set before we go camping in a couple of weeks but if I have to....What do ya think? Thanks.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Neal_P said:
Needs opinions. I looked at my trailer tires recently and notices small cracks on the sidewalls. Yes it's the dreaded dryrot!!! They're not big and deep. I was hoping not to have to buy a new set before we go camping in a couple of weeks but if I have to....What do ya think? Thanks.

Lemme ask you this.....

Would you rather buy them now, or on the weekend, when your supposed to be camping?

Trailer tires are nothing to mess around with. A blowout on your drag wagon can put you on your lid just as fast as one on the front end.

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
A good friend of mine took my truck and his camper to a Nascar race with tires in the same shape. One blew out on the way there and the other three blew on the way back.

Dryrot=blowout waiting to happen.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Why risk it tires are cheaper than causing a accident which may kill someone or yourself. You know what will happen the one of the tires will blow in a time when the stores are closed and your on the side of the road. The lug nuts are so rusted on they won't come off with a tire iron or you end up snapping a few studs off.