New synthetic

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just put Rotella 5w-40 in the ok girl and it all seems well no leaks no weird noises. This is the first time this engine has had synthetic in it. What should I look out for? Does anyone else have this oil in their engines?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It would probably take a few hundred miles before any leaks showed up. (If they were indeed caused by your oil choice)

I thought most people said their engines seem to burn through it?? :dunno

Are you sure you got the rotella T6???

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just making sure. LOL

I don't know about the synthetic, but I know for sure a few people here run the rotella with good results.

I do know my bosses N15? Cummins leaks it (non synthetic) like crazy. But I think that's just from poor maintenance and repair.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Then you should be fine.

I don't really buy the whole "synthetic caused a leak" line.
I would think synthetic would rejuvenate seals.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
After several hours of oil based world war III on forums, I slapped the rotella synthetic in my truck. I'm a bit concerned, but will see how it does. May switch back to 15w40 later. Previously had Mobil in it.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
T6 is a good oil!

I ran it one winter in my truck and it worked well. Truck started way easier and I didn't have any problems with leaks.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine drank that t6 like it was free! I went from a qt in 800-1000 miles to a gallon!

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Synthetic oil get's all new Symantics

world war 3 equals>>>>>
Sometimes people have very strong core beliefs. When they are presented with evidence that works against that core belief, The New evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called Cognitive Dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief. Frantz Fanon

Every conventional oil manufacture today sells a version of Synthetic oil, yet 15 years ago the offered NOTHING! Why buy Synthetic from AMETEURS?

Javier

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just making sure. LOL

I don't know about the synthetic, but I know for sure a few people here run the rotella with good results.

I do know my bosses N15? Cummins leaks it (non synthetic) like crazy. But I think that's just from poor maintenance and repair.

N14- it's basically an electronic version of the 855

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score

http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/pat-bedard-synthetic-motor-oil-gets-all-new-semantics-column

Castrol Syntec, on its label, "exceeds" every standard it mentions. Hmm. Now that the meaning of "is" is in play, I have to wonder, does Syntec meet those standards as well?

"It does," says Castrol's Juli Anne Oberg. While I have her on the phone, I ask if there will be a Syntec price reduction now that a lower-cost base stock has been substituted for the old synthetic. She says no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online