New set of injectors, way to much black smoke.

IDI Diesel7.3

Ukrainian Power
Reaction score
Guess most of the boys out here are runnin on farm fuel, or got rig money on their side, we're willing to put out a little more green to put on a show

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the members here, try to make their trucks as reliable and efficient as possible. For a diesel to put out power, they do not have to put out huge clouds of black smoke. In alot of places a lot of smoke will get you a ticket, or a fix-it ticket dues to excessive smoke and pollution. Blowing huge clouds of smoke that black out the sun is the ammo the "greenies" need to cause more regulation of diesels. The smoke shows give the perception that diesels are noisy polluting machines that need to be be stopped. Why do think the new diesels, from pickups to Class 8 tractors, have Cats, DPF's, EGR Systems and have to run **** water in the exhaust to make sure there is no smoke. To keep the "greenies" happy. I understand I have a newer truck, but if mine blows out black smoke, I want to know what it wrong with it.... No I am not a tree-hugger, and I do like a good smoke show... on the track, or in front of a sled.. then hell yea!!! At a traffic light, because someone can.... no thank you. If you look through the archives here, most that start a thread with "how do I make my truck smoke" do not get the answer they are looking for.... but more responses of "why would you want to do that"....

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with black smoke, but on a naturally aspirated truck it makes no sense.

And NW Fuel does Timing? I bought my injectors from Gord, I shall give them a call monday, thanks!

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Most of the dodge cummins kids around here kill me.. They crank the starwheel up as far as itll go (no performance gain) and remove the fuel plate to make as much smoke as possible. There is nothing cool about making smoke. It doesn't mean you have a powerhouse. My ~200hp idi can make more smoke than many 12v cummins, so it's nothing to brag about. Just shows a poor tune and an inefficient truck. Right now my truck is inefficient, needs timed and a new fuel system. But, I plan on doing a cummins swap soon so I'm not gonna spend the $$$