NEW PAINT..BEFORE PICS....FINISHED PICS TOMMOROW.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
NEW PAINT..BEFORE PICS....SOME FINISHED PICS!!!.

Here's the before shots from this weekend....Friggin killer amount of work to prep one of these for paint...So friggin big.:rolleyes: ....The truck has been painted, I have to pick it up tommorow night...Pics to come.:D :D :D

Ready for the box.

You must be registered for see images attach

Primed for final sanding.

Wet sanded with 400 grit, ready to be delivered.

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No, I had a co-worker do it today...He used to own a body shop and he's "supposed" to be a decent painter....We'll see I guess...LOL....Can't have any more orange peel or runs in it than I would have done...:rotflmao

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I ain't helpin'.....LOL....I just spent 3hrs in the shop polishing the bumpers and doing some detail work before I bolt it all back on tommorow night...It's all in the details...LOL

discbrks

Reaction score
Lookin' good! i can't wait to see the final paint. I work at a body shop, so I know how much work is involved.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks like you have a nice start there, looking forward to how it finishes

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know you have done a lot of work on the prep for the paint. I know you will love the new paint, mine needs it but I paint lousey except for fences, houses non moving items. Can't wait for the pictures. gsgIDI

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I can't wait either, I don't care if he painted it with a roller...LOL...As long as I don't see any rust for a few months I'll be happy...He said he put 3 coats of clear on it but the way he spray's it he said it was basically equal to 6 coats.:Thumbs Up ...He had a LONG day yesterday, he was at it for over 12hrs between some minor primer touch-ups (bare metal from wet sanding), washing, taping and spraying...10pm last night he realized he forgot the sunvisor as it was sitting in the cab.:eek: :puke: :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance