New member from Oregon...87' F-350 Crew 4x4

wikked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Mine look nothing like that anymore. Too much woods time.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, we will have to have a NW GTG if I ever get a spare moment.
Man I hate working on trucks, especially garbage trucks. Did that for 90 days once, well 89 days. But that is a story for another time.lol
leeland, I will give you a brand new exh housing if you want to get one of mine coated also, have a good weekend all.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Did I see that one on craigslist?
Unlike everyone else around here, there's not really anything for you to do to it; all the best parts are already there.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenny, hope them truck drags were fun. Share some pics and or vids please.

Russ, do I need a new housing? If you got time for me to swing by and pick my housing up some time soon, I'd need to get it over to him to see what's its going run before I can say yes/no to a new housing. Right now I have a ruff estimate for the up pipe. I'll share the 5 w's next time I see you and have a idea on a possible application of the coating to run by you.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool
Ill be in touch.
No you dont but a new one would coat way easier and I could use the old one on another.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Appreciate the comments guys. So far I'm.pretty happy with the truck. Looks like I'm getting around 15mpg running around town.
Yep the truck was a Craigslist find...only crew 4x4 IDI with all the extras I've seen on there in a while...
We should do a NW round-up one day. I was out at Wood burn Dragstrip yesterday for their annual Truck Drags. Spotted 2 IDI turbo trucks...I was driving a 68' Freightliner with an 8v71 Detroit/13spd. I'll.make a post with some videos over in the Lounge and share in the next couple days.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Wish I coulda been there. I took the weekend rotation that got me off last weekend for the Night Of Fire(Camped all weekend), so I had to miss the Truck Drags. If Russ quits being so darn busy we can all meet at his place. But if you want to make the drive, I can always host. Should be enough room for 5 Trucks. :)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That's a swet ride, good luck with it. How far from Yam Hill are you? My truck is a retired cummy from C F Laughlin, they are out of Yam Hill. Wish I had the GV in it, they are a great addition to any of these rigs.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a swet ride, good luck with it. How far from Yam Hill are you? My truck is a retired cummy from C F Laughlin, they are out of Yam Hill. Wish I had the GV in it, they are a great addition to any of these rigs.

He's 20ish minutes South East from me and Yamhill is about a hour North West of me. It's also pretty close to Russ, think its just West of him.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
A local get together would be fun, I'll drive most anywhere here to meet up with good like minded folks.
Yamhill is a ways away from me, closer to Russ in Newberg (where I was born and raised a few years). I do remember the Laughlin trucks...I was about 4-5 years-old when I would go to work with Mom up at Luoto/Cross Crown and see all the trucks running around the area. Of course that was back in the good old days of logging here in the NW.
Its funny, I was just talking to my Uncle about my truck...we were wondering if I own one of the few 87-91 F-350 4x4 CC SRW trucks around here that never saw duty as a Crummy :D

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You are lucky, most of those guys treat crummies Luke a disposable tool. Mine was the owners personal ride for 10 years, saw fleet duty for 5 years and sat in the yard for almost 2 years until I rescued it in early '08. Another guy on here said he saw what could have been my truck with a 6500lb Bowman sky car in the bed, running through town like it was no big deal. Now rust is my trucks arch nemesis with the brine and salt that they love to use in winter around me.

You definitely have a cool color, put some more pics up, of the inside and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online