New ip now white smoke

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I put new injectors, turbo ip, return lines and hoses on last night. Today I went to drive it and it runs great but I’m getting quite a bit of white smoke at idle. I set my ip just a hair advanced from the marks ( I know that doesn’t mean anything) but I’m hoping just the smoke is timing being off.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a lot of air was still in the lines. I took my son to school and now it’s not smoking. When I was it was after the first start of all the new parts

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did your IP & injectors come from??

Injectors I did my self. Pop tested and ultrasonic cleaned 8 matched ones from my 20+ I have here. The ip came from a member here off a turbo 7.3idi. Pump is great lights right off now whenever hot but I know I’m retarded. It lost a lot of the clatter and is getting hot so I need to advance

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afraid that’s your problem. You need new injectors, not “cleaned” ones. They only last about 125k at the max. So these aren’t new injectors. Im guessing the IP isn’t new either?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afraid that’s your problem. You need new injectors, not “cleaned” ones. They only last about 125k at the max. So these aren’t new injectors. Im guessing the IP isn’t new either?

Show me anyone that Manufactures their own brand new injector besides the chains. When you buy from most places they are rebuilt and pop tested/ matched. If you’ve ever opened one up you’ll know right away there isn’t much to them

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STANADYNE. DELPHI.
Yes I have opened them up. And yes, I have bought both rebuilt & new injectors. There is a big difference with performance.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as all the parts looked good after cleaning I'm sure those injectors are just fine, appropriate pop pressure Is the key, that's basically all that's done when rebuilding stock injectors besides replacing broken parts. That's all most shops do to them Anyway only select few are making new nozels for them

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Brand new B.B. codes from yesterday :rolleyes:

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new B.B. codes from yesterday :rolleyes:

Yep But I’m talking shops. All the big names do the same thing I do. In fact I’d take balanced and pop tested over new chain store anyway. there’s only one moving part. If the nozzle/ pintle are good and clean there’s no difference once pop tested and shimmed correctly

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A nozzle can be good and clean and pop test fine but the pattern still be like a water hose

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep But I’m talking shops. All the big names do the same thing I do. In fact I’d take balanced and pop tested over new chain store anyway. there’s only one moving part. If the nozzle/ pintle are good and clean there’s no difference once pop tested and shimmed correctly
I’m a shop and I source these as new old stock, not parts store junk, not reman, NEW

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The injector pintles/nozzles wear out. That’s why nobody here on OB recommends buying rebuilt injectors & IP’s from a cheap injection shop, including myself. Been there done that. Why replace worn out components with rebuilt crap has been the consensus on here.