New injectors

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the new (reman) BB injectors in the truck today. Hopefully it will start better cold now. I have more boost now and EGT's will hold at 1200. The old ones would hit 1400 but with about 2 pounds less boost.
The old ones were so bad that some of the pintles were worn into the nozel holes pretty deep. They had almost 100K on them, about half was running 100% WMO. To my supprise there was NO carbon deposits on the tips, I guess I get it hot enough to burn them off!
All of them came out in one piece only one washer stayed in the head but it came right out with a screwdriver;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad this is working out for you.. I bet your rig feels like you added two more cylinders to the motor... Kinda funny how refreshing the injection system brings back so much lost power... I know I can't feel the slow power loss over the years but... change the injectors or the pump and WOW...:sly

crazy4wdracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is getting me excited because I'm changing my IP and injectors in a few days. :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Crazy... What are you installing as per your posting... Type of injectors... Type of pump... Just some questions that plenty of others are wondering about....

crazy4wdracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pump is a pump that was rebuilt by a local diesel shop (Keystone Diesel). The injectors and return lines are reman. BB Codes from Pensacola Diesel. I'm just waiting for the injectors to get here (hopefully tomorrow)..then I will post up how it goes.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some members have experianced issues with pensacola pumps and injectors but that doesn't mean every story is the same. I have one of their pumps that I have run for around 3 years on and off without issues. Although I'm seeing the cold advance working kinda funny these days. It functions fine at startup. then as I'm driving away the rpm and power jumps way up like I'm running out of fuel. It really doesn't matter how long I let the motor run in the driveway or when I drive off. Just after this burst of power the motor quiets down and runs fine. So I'm thinking the pump is starting to tell me something... I think it wants to be turned into a baby moos pump.... So it can look up to its brother... My other moose pump.... Sounds terrible doesn't it... Having a moose upmp and a baby moose pump.... I like spares... Thats why I have 9 timing meters....:eek::D:sly