New injection pump question

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
So i got my new injection pump today everything seems good on it the only thing i notice right away is my pump has the so called "tourque screw" and the pump i just recived does not. Will there be any difference or will it work just the same? On my old pump i have the fuel screw maxed right out and i would do the same to this bew one but before i tear into it am i gunna be in loss of anything with out having that tourque screw? Ive turned mine out on my existing pump and didnt really notice much difference but just thought id ask. I gave the shop the numbers of my pump and the tag on the new one is different i googled 91 7.3l injection pump and it brings up images of what the onei recived looks like and my truck is a 92 any input?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Having no screw is the sme as having the screw maxed out, all the screw is is a limiting device incorporated by the EPA at the time.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
The pumps with the torque screw are rumored to have bigger plungers, I know I have read that before but I cant personally comment if its true or not. I personally would not worry about it it will funtion just the same maybe deliver a minor amount less fuel with the screw maxed out.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer a Turbo IP myself but each to their own. IMO there is quite a bit more fuel from them from what I read. I would try to get the same IP in return as well. They should give you the exact same type that you sent in...

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
I got it from a shop in prince george, as long as this one will give me decent power still ill use it as i want to use my existing pump for a rebuild. Just would like to know the differences in the pumps for sure though.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
read that who article and it didnt really state weather the pump will work the same but it was mostly ppl argueing over the name and what the screw actually does, my existing pump does have that screw and ive got it backed right out and didnt notice much, but i just dont wanna put this new pump in and get less fuel then im getting right now. so if the plungers etc are the same im good but ill have to keep looking before i go ahead and instal it. i was hopin to do it tomorrow but with no solid answer im still leaniant on wat to do

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In following some of the performance builds on these pumps, I haven't seen that the guys shooting for more hp are for or against either one, so like I said I'm pretty sure the internals are the same. Best would probably be to pm Agnem and ask him, or maybe he will chime in here. He can tell you for sure.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the DB2 there are a couple of different plunger sizes IIRC 28 and 31 MM or something close to that if I remember what Mel said long time ago, for performance builds, the larger is really preferred.

I'd say just get the serial # of yours Pedro and discuss it with Mel, he knows...and then you'll know...simple nuff

JM2CW

Al